Where to put a 12 yr old?

Sky616

My DS will be 12 1/2 when we cruise on the Oasis of the seas next year. I know the kids' club is for 9-11 as the last age group. Where will he be placed? Is there a group for tweens? He is not really outgoing so kind of worried if he will fit in. What kinds of activities will there be for his age group?

My other son will be 4 1/2 so I guess he will be in the 3-5 group in Adventure Ocean. Anybody have any experience with this age group? My oldest was in the 6-8 group on two cruises with us but these ages we have never cruised with a child. Thanks.

Your 12 year old will be in the 12-14 age group. The best thing to help him "fit in" is to go to the 1st orientation night when EVERYONE is 'new'.....that way, he won't feel like "the new kid on the block"!

I agree. My nephew is the same age and not outgoing at all. Definately have your son go to orientation and the first few sessions. Everyone is new and will be looking for friends. They quickly make friends and our kids have always found others to hang out with the entire week. They have so much more fun when they have kids their age to meet to do activities around the ship.

What kinds of activities will there be for his age group?

My other son will be 4 1/2 so I guess he will be in the 3-5 group in Adventure Ocean. Anybody have any experience with this age group? My oldest was in the 6-8 group on two cruises with us but these ages we have never cruised with a child. Thanks.

Check out the following link. It was set up by one of the outstanding members on this board, and she maintains the program schedules for the different age groups on various cruise lines.

http://photobucket.com/cruisekidpages

I checked this out. I didn't see the Oasis listed. Am I missing something?

Michelle posts the schedules she receives from other members (and her own cruises), so she may not have received from that ship yet. But as someone else noted, the activities are pretty much the same across all ships in the line. One ship may have a flow-rider whilst another may not, but the other activities - scavenger hunts, dances, parties, sports tournaments - are pretty much common to all.

Michelle posts the schedules she receives from other members (and her own cruises), so she may not have received from that ship yet. But as someone else noted, the activities are pretty much the same across all ships in the line. One ship may have a flow-rider whilst another may not, but the other activities - scavenger hunts, dances, parties, sports tournaments - are pretty much common to all.

Not only commom ship to ship but line to line. There is a limit what you can do with kids and keep it interesting.

The 9-11 isn't the last age. The pages do go the whole way up to 17. Actually I have seen activities on some ships for 18-20's ;)

Try these - We haven't been on Oasis/Allure yet so I don't feel comfortable grabbing someone else's pages unless they send them to me personally. :)

The activities are very close for 12-14's for what I have on other RCI ships but the Oasis class adds a little more Dream Works themed stuff.

Here are some threads on the Tweens

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1471739&page=3

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1319361

Archived