Booked first Carnival Cruise aboard Liberty- Solo cruise Dec 15 2012

gargeo83

Hi, from another solo cruiser. I do Carnival excursions so I know i will meet lots of others on my excursions.

Traditional dining, carnival is pretty good about putting solos and folks cruising with friends and sisters or brothers together.

Join your roll call and get to know some folks! As a solo cruiser I enjoy getting to know folks on line, and then meeting them at an informal meet up on board. I've made some really great friends, and it's kinda nice when you pass by someone who knows ya on the ship or in port.

If you like martinis, hit up the Alchemy bar before dinner. While this last trip I was traveling with friends (that I'd originally met on the Liberty) and we hung out there, we did meet a lot of people through out the week there.

If you like Trivia, there's a trivia that goes across three days and you play in groups. The groups were made kind of by just dividing up the room, while some teams were all friends, about half the teams were made up of people who didn't all know each other. :D

My review and pictures from my Liberty sailing earlier this year is linked in my signature below. Too bad you aren't sailing a couple weeks later!

Hi Everyone,

Just booked my first solo and first Carnival cruise aboard Liberty. Any tips or suggestions to make it a great cruise?

Congrats on your new booking! I agree with the other poster, join your roll call and meet lots of new friends before you sail.:)

Hi Everyone,

Just booked my first solo and first Carnival cruise aboard Liberty. Any tips or suggestions to make it a great cruise?

Good for you!!! How long is your trip and where you heading? I am heading out on my first solo trip in August on Destiny! And I agree with the advice for the poster above :)

Congratulations! I have sailed Carnival 3 times solo and love it! Be a social person and you'll meet tons of new people and have a great time.

Here's the link to your roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1537015

You might also want to check out the solo cruisers board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=373

My Inspiration review in my signature was a solo cruise. Feel free to check it out to see what a solo Carnival cruise might be like. Have fun!!! :D

Sorry... new to this... How do I join my roll call?

Here's the link to your roll call. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1537015

If the banter/people sound of interest, join in. The roll calls can sometimes be a good way to 'meet' others ahead of your cruise.

I love solo cruising!! Enjoy your planning and cruise! :cool:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Solo cruising:D. With this being your first solo adventure, just relax and think about what YOU want to do. You don't have to meet up, wait for, or do anything YOU don't want to do. Joining your roll call will give you an idea of who else will be on the ship and you may just make a lifelong cruise friend. Take a highlighter and go through the Funtimes and tick off the things you really want to do. If you get to them, cool...if not, ok, there is always tomorrow. This is your chance to really take time for yourself and indulge in true relaxation. Eat, sleep, play. Three words to live by on vacation.

I'm also booked on my first solo cruise later this year and share the concerns about not being super outgoing. It doesn't help that my roll call is dead as a doornail, LOL. But I will eat, sleep, play and enjoy! I'm booked on the Freedom out of FLL the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. Although I'm considering canceling and rebooking on a 5 night on Fascination out of Jax.

Archived