Ice and water question

I've read in this forum that Lindblad provides refillable water bottles for you to take on excursions, but can someone describe the bottles or post a picture? Also, I like my ice water (emphasis on ice). Do the cabins have ice buckets that get refilled like on other cruises? If not, how easy is it to get ice on the ship? Going on the Islander to Galapagos.

Thanks

I can't remember seeing an ice bucket on either of the Lindblad ships we have been on. They do have a self-serve area during the day for beer (you pay on the honor system) and soft drinks, so maybe there is ice nearby. There is always ice when the bar is open in the evenings. The water bottles are pint-size, small plastic ones with a pop-up opening. (I brought my own for excursions.) The tap water is OK to drink on the ship. Just don't drink tap water or ice in Quito or Guayaquil, even in the hotels, or in Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz.

I've read in this forum that Lindblad provides refillable water bottles for you to take on excursions, but can someone describe the bottles or post a picture? Also, I like my ice water (emphasis on ice). Do the cabins have ice buckets that get refilled like on other cruises? If not, how easy is it to get ice on the ship? Going on the Islander to Galapagos.

Thanks

The Explorer doesn't have ice buckets in the cabins. There are ice machines as part of the water dispensers in the mud room and on level 3.

Archived