Aside from the included wines..

Ravenscroft

is there a separate wine list to purchase by the bottle or is the only other alternative the Silver and Gold Wine Packages that are mentioned on the website?

We are sure we will find something drinkable for lunchtime and most dinners from the included wines, but we do like to have a special bottle or three during our cruise. My husband can't drink red wine so we would prefer to buy our wine individually.

Our tastes tend to lean towards the Premier or Grand Cru Cote de Beaune wines such as Corton Charlemagne or Batard Montrachet etc. I do realise that wines will change and nobody can give guarantees of what will be available on our cruise. I'm just trying to ascertain how good the wines available for purchase are likely to be, as the specific wines listed as possible wine packages on the Vintage Seabourn web page are not exciting me at all. If they are as good as it gets we will plan to take some of our own wine with us.

Yes, there is a wine list. If you wish, they will present it,like any other better restaurant. The packages bring the price down a bit, but they are not egregiously marked up like most us restaurants.

I don't know if this is true but I have seen it posted on this board that if you have specific wines, beer or liquors you want and contact Seabourn in enough time before your cruise they will do their best to include those wines on your cruise. I don't know what they charge extra for this service but if you really are interested in having specific high end wines I suspect they can provide them at a cost.

Have a great next cruise.

Thanks both for your help with this.

I think I'll contact Seabourn directly to ask for some typical examples of wines on the wine list. Then I know I have options to either do as you suggested wwinfl91 and ask them to order some for us, or we can take some of our own onboard. On a shorter cruise it wouldn't really be an issue but this is 18 days and takes in Christmas and New Year so we would definitely like to enjoy some very nice wines during.

Thanks again!

I'm surprised there aren't more oenophiles on the SB board.

No response from SB as yet to my email. Can anyone - oenophile or not - tell me how long it usually takes for them to respond?

I usually get a response the next day ~ 4 in the afternoon from Seattle (although the usefulness of the responses is a bit iffy).

I usually get a response the next day ~ 4 in the afternoon from Seattle (although the usefulness of the responses is a bit iffy).

Thanks. I'm trying to calculate and figure it's almost 4pm there now, hopefully I'll get a response in the next 24 hours. That's me assuming my email went to Seattle and not to the UK office...

Thanks. I'm trying to calculate and figure it's almost 4pm there now, hopefully I'll get a response in the next 24 hours. That's me assuming my email went to Seattle and not to the UK office...

I generally find sending emails to Kristin at seabournclub@seabourn.com generate responses within 24 hours that are both charming and helpful

Archived