Question about 2nd bedroom in the Deluxe Owner's Suite - Dawn

KateQ22003

Good morning,

Could someone who has sailed in the deluxe owner's suite on the Dawn let me know if the bed in the 2nd bedroom is big enough for an adult? My son is traveling with us and he is 6'2". I would like to put him in the 2nd bedroom but am afraid that the bed would not be suitable. Last year my girlfriends and I had a 2 bedroom suite and the beds in the 2nd bedroom were way too short.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Kathy

I think it would be fine, not luxurious. Be sure to get one of the foam egg crate thingys from the butler, they make it tolerable. He will probably sleep on the diagonal! When the bed is open you can't really use the room for anything else. But it was handy to have, especially the second bathroom! Enjoy your cruise!

I think it would be fine, not luxurious. Be sure to get one of the foam egg crate thingys from the butler, they make it tolerable. He will probably sleep on the diagonal! When the bed is open you can't really use the room for anything else. But it was handy to have, especially the second bathroom! Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for your help! I'm torn between making him sleep on the diagonal, or getting him an inside cabin with a real bed! It is always nice to have the second bathroom. Last year, traveling with 4 women, it was invaluable!

Thanks for your help! I'm torn between making him sleep on the diagonal, or getting him an inside cabin with a real bed! It is always nice to have the second bathroom. Last year, traveling with 4 women, it was invaluable!

Keep in mind that if you go with the separate inside cabin- that person(s) can not take advantage of all the suite perks with you.

Keep in mind that if you go with the separate inside cabin- that person(s) can not take advantage of all the suite perks with you.

That's an excellent point that I hadn't considered. Since this is his first cruise, and we are celebrating his 30th birthday, I would like to pamper him a little!

Hi Kate (I am originally from Maine, too!)

We have booked the DOS on the Dawn for next February and my son who will be 27 then and is 6'1-1/2 will be on that same fold out bed. AND his brother may be joining him as their sister will have the sofa in the living room. This past year we didn't know the older one wanted to come with us so we had an OS and he booked an inside across the hall. I had no choice but I wouldn't do that again because of the difference between suite guests and non-suite. The crew was very nice but my son felt awkward and we didn't enjoy the suite perks as much as we would have otherwise. The DOS is rated for six guests so while I don't think my kids are going to be sleeping in luxury they will all love being in a suite.

Barb

Hi Kate (I am originally from Maine, too!)

We have booked the DOS on the Dawn for next February and my son who will be 27 then and is 6'1-1/2 will be on that same fold out bed. AND his brother may be joining him as their sister will have the sofa in the living room. This past year we didn't know the older one wanted to come with us so we had an OS and he booked an inside across the hall. I had no choice but I wouldn't do that again because of the difference between suite guests and non-suite. The crew was very nice but my son felt awkward and we didn't enjoy the suite perks as much as we would have otherwise. The DOS is rated for six guests so while I don't think my kids are going to be sleeping in luxury they will all love being in a suite.

Barb

Thanks, Barb! I'm trying to picture two men in that room :) If it is anything like the second bedroom in the two bedroom suite, it is more a closet than a bedroom! But I agree with you, he will like the suite perks. I'll let you know how we make out if we go this route!

Kathy

Thanks, Barb! I'm trying to picture two men in that room :) If it is anything like the second bedroom in the two bedroom suite, it is more a closet than a bedroom! But I agree with you, he will like the suite perks. I'll let you know how we make out if we go this route!

Kathy

Right now he is sleeping on his friend's couch (just graduated from college and working in a restaurant while he looks for a permanent job) so he says he is fine with any sleeping arrangement. If the two of them are in such close quarters they will probably revert and argue about Nintendo and what to watch on tv.;)

The older one really wants him to come because he says his Dad and I are boring! Can you believe that? Can I help it if I get very sleepy at 9:00 and would rather read my book in bed than go out partying?

Barb

Hello!

Not trying to hijack your thread or anything but I have a question. I am in the process of trying to decide on a cruise line. We currently have a 7 day booked on the DCL Fantasy ( this will be our 2nd time on it) for March for our anniversary. BUT...I have been thinking that if we go with another cruise line we may be able to get more for our money. I was looking at NCL ( we have cruised with them 1 time) and see that we can get a Aft facing Penthouse with large balcony for about $300 less than we are paying for a oceanview balcony on DCL. I like the thought of getting the Butler and Concierge service. Can you tell me what the suit perks are? I would really appreciate it :)

I am looking around the NCL site but so far have not found a detailed description.

Have a great night!

Hello!

Not trying to hijack your thread or anything but I have a question. I am in the process of trying to decide on a cruise line. We currently have a 7 day booked on the DCL Fantasy ( this will be our 2nd time on it) for March for our anniversary. BUT...I have been thinking that if we go with another cruise line we may be able to get more for our money. I was looking at NCL ( we have cruised with them 1 time) and see that we can get a Aft facing Penthouse with large balcony for about $300 less than we are paying for a oceanview balcony on DCL. I like the thought of getting the Butler and Concierge service. Can you tell me what the suit perks are? I would really appreciate it :)

I am looking around the NCL site but so far have not found a detailed description.

Have a great night!

I'd give a link but mobile now. Do a search as posts show by room type the perks. Last couple days azappraiser (sp) replied with list.

Right now he is sleeping on his friend's couch (just graduated from college and working in a restaurant while he looks for a permanent job) so he says he is fine with any sleeping arrangement. If the two of them are in such close quarters they will probably revert and argue about Nintendo and what to watch on tv.;)

The older one really wants him to come because he says his Dad and I are boring! Can you believe that? Can I help it if I get very sleepy at 9:00 and would rather read my book in bed than go out partying?

Barb

Barb, too funny! Sounds like my two who are 20 and 16! I'm glad they enjoy each other's company though! I too am a 9:00 pm book reader! I fall asleep in movies too!

Good reminder! I was considering a separate cabin for my boys, but would not want them to miss out on the suite perks! Another suite would be over the top! We'll be in an Owners Suite on Pride of America. Looks like the pull out couch is pretty small, and my boys are both 6', but one can sleep on the floor if necessary! If the deck chairs are comfortable maybe they can bring that in! Will definitely request the egg crate!

Good reminder! I was considering a separate cabin for my boys, but would not want them to miss out on the suite perks! Another suite would be over the top! We'll be in an Owners Suite on Pride of America. Looks like the pull out couch is pretty small, and my boys are both 6', but one can sleep on the floor if necessary! If the deck chairs are comfortable maybe they can bring that in! Will definitely request the egg crate!

If the POA has the 2 BR suites, I would strongly suggest that over the OS. Extra bedroom with its own bath. Separate sitting, dining area vs. the one big room in the OS.

Barb

Oh, I know what you mean - my boys think I am a fossil! I too am in bed by 9 with a good book, but I am also up with the sun! They just don't get that. That's part of the reason I want them in their own cabin; I'm afraid our lifestyles are just too opposite!

My mom and I now get 2 room suites. In the past I had to wear an eyemask and earbuds all night if we shared That got old

She is a night owl who keeps the tv on all night. I go to sleep about 9 or 10 and am up and in the gym then shower and onto Cagney's for breakfast. She shows up as I am leaving to get our seats in morning trivia. Thank goodness for a real door. A curtain doesn't cut it!

Hello!

Have a great night!

The NCL suite perks are the best in the business. I am glad the OP will be pampering the boy. Here is a link: http://cruise.expedia.com/pictures/microsite/1274/pdf/NCL%20Suites%20and%20Villas.pdf

Archived