Ballroom dancing on the Emerald Princess?

Boo2

Can anyone tell me if there is good ballroom dancing on the Emerald Princess? We were on the Crown Princess about five years ago but that was before we started dancing.

Thanks!

Its been a year or so since we were on the Emerald (a transatlantic), and my recollection was pretty good dancing. However, from some repeats on the same ship (not Emerald) a few months apart, I've found that the bands that happen to be on and even the passengers make a difference.

I think there was pretty good ballroom in the Wheelhouse (but a tiny floor), and also in the lounge at the back. Also there was a couple that gave lessons every sea day.

Don't expect line of dance - it just don't happen much on a ship, so plan on doing your waltzes etc. pretty much as spot dances.

We dance on every cruise, including our most recent on Emerald Princess. The Horizon Court usually has a good band for dancing, but a small dance floor so styling may be an issue, as well as having to turn every couple of steps if dancing foxtrot.

Often there can be dancing using the larger floor in Club Fusion, and Princess will use a DJ who will play a good variety of music. On some nights they will even have the show band playing. The larger floor is great for Foxtrot and waltz, and will get a lot of people dancing for swing or merenge. They have basic dance classes on sea days during the day, so expect a fair number of beginners on the floor. One evening they played an Argentine tango and we were the only ones on the floor receiving an ovation when done. It is awesome to be clapped for, and a real ego booster.

I know the band that was on Emerald Princess in April ended their contract as the ship sailed for the Med, so can't comment on who might be playing now.

Look also for occasional before dinner dance opportunities in the Explorer's Lounge. We've gone to Anytime dining so we can take advantage.

Horizon court? A typo I assume.

The buffet does not usually have a band there unless they are eating.

I'm guessing the venue the poster meant was the Wheelhouse.

However, when they used to have the seafood (lobster claws) on the first night, if I walked in and discovered them - that would make me dance!

We dance on every cruise, including our most recent on Emerald Princess. The Horizon Court usually has a good band for dancing, but a small dance floor so styling may be an issue, as well as having to turn every couple of steps if dancing foxtrot.

oops. got interrupted while typing and made a mistake.

I meant the Wheelhouse Bar.

If you were on a Sun class ship there is a dance floor by the Horizon Court.

Archived