A Regent cruiser on Viking

nearly there

Thanks huntersyaya. After all this bashing and whining, it was great to hear your practical approach to a new adventure. We're taking 3 cruises next year, all on lines new to us: NCL (Western Caribbean), Princess (Alaska), and AMA (Rhine). We do not expect any of them to duplicate our previous experiences on Oceania or Celebrity (or renting a cottage in Maine for 30 years). They will each be different -- that's exactly why we have booked them. They will each have some problems -- so does every day in Life! But they will each be fantastic -- if we approach them with that positive attitude...

Jazzbeau- We have cruised Celebrity and Princess. I think you will enjoy Princess. We personally enjoyed the food more on it than we did on our Celebrity cruises but we would sail with either depending on the schedule and the price. Have fun!

I find it quite interesting Viking has begun replying to critical postings on this board as there have been highly critical posting over the last 3 years that went uncommented upon.

Personally I wish Viking would spend more on their service and less filling my mailbox with unwanted print advertising. (I once requested information and have been inundated with advertising for the last 4 years.) Their "hard sell" tactics have almost guaranteed I will never travel with them, in addition to the overall poor reviews I have read here on cruise critic.

Viking may be trying to change its image, but a simple search of this board shows a big disconnect between their words and their performance.

:(

I agree, please, Viking, stop the junk mail. If I receive an email or catalog a couple times of year that is enough. I think I am getting something from Viking in the mail at least twice a month, sometimes more often. I would rather they spent this budget on fixing some of their obvious problems. I know it is impossible to make your clients 100% happy, but there are some obvious trends. My Viking cruise was two months ago so I do have recent experience. Overall I loved river cruising, but want to try another river cruise line next time.

I find it quite interesting Viking has begun replying to critical postings on this board as there have been highly critical posting over the last 3 years that went uncommented upon.

Personally I wish Viking would spend more on their service and less filling my mailbox with unwanted print advertising. (I once requested information and have been inundated with advertising for the last 4 years.) Their "hard sell" tactics have almost guaranteed I will never travel with them, in addition to the overall poor reviews I have read here on cruise critic.

Viking may be trying to change its image, but a simple search of this board shows a big disconnect between their words and their performance.

:(

I agree, please, Viking, stop the junk mail. If I receive an email or catalog a couple times of year that is enough. I think I am getting something from Viking in the mail at least twice a month, sometimes more often. I would rather they spent this budget on fixing some of their obvious problems. I know it is impossible to make your clients 100% happy, but there are some obvious trends. My Viking cruise was two months ago so I do have recent experience. Overall I loved river cruising, but want to try another river cruise line next time.

Dear meredithmn and 2DesertRats!,

Please send an email to TellUs@vikingrivercruises.com with your name and home address so we can remove you from our mailing list.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Viking River Cruises

Archived