Who wants to play how many cruise credits should this be?

Hi all!

I can't for the life of me figure out how many cruise credits this should be based on the total RC has and the number of credits that is next to each entry. They don't add up. Can anyone tell me what it SHOULD be? These are all balcony cabin cruises so there is no double cruise points. Thanks so much in advance!

Oasis of the Seas 7 night cruise 2012

Monarch of the Seas 3 night cruise 2010

Monarch of the Seas 3 night cruise 2010 (b2b)

Enchantment of the Seas 7 night cruise 2002

Majesty of the Seas 7 night cruise 1999

Thank you!

Hi all!

I can't for the life of me figure out how many cruise credits this should be based on the total RC has and the number of credits that is next to each entry. They don't add up. Can anyone tell me what it SHOULD be? These are all balcony cabin cruises so there is no double cruise points. Thanks so much in advance!

Thank you!

I concur with the above post that says you should have 36 points.

The problem with Royal's tabular display of your past cruises, is that they have not made the effort to properly label the column that displays a number. If the cruise taken before Jan 2011, that column should be labeled "cruise credits". If the cruise was taken after Jan 2011, the column should be labeled "cruise points".

In Jan 2011, cruise credits were converted to cruise points using a formula that multiplied by 7, and then added some points, one in your case.

So what does Royal's website display as your total points?

Hi all!

Thank you!

Well, it's not 27 because they were worth 1 cruise credit per cruise until RCI switched to points per day last year.

Cigar King seems right with the 36 number but I'm not sure what you mean by the Monarch of the Seas 3 night cruise 2010 (b2b)

Was that the 2nd half of the 3 nighter listed before it??? If so, unless it was a nontypical B2B, one would have been a 4 nighter in the B2B.

Did you go on two or three Monarch cruises?

Well, it's not 27 because they were worth 1 cruise credit per cruise until RCI switched to points per day last year.

Cigar King seems right with the 36 number but I'm not sure what you mean by the Monarch of the Seas 3 night cruise 2010 (b2b)

Was that the 2nd half of the 3 nighter listed before it??? If so, unless it was a nontypical B2B, one would have been a 4 nighter in the B2B.

Did you go on two or three Monarch cruises?

I think it is 27. RCL did switch the points system a short while ago. I did my first cruise 3 years ago, and looking at the C&A portal, I have 8 points (for the 8 nights I was on the cruise). However, I would like to be enlightened as to how you got to 36. Was there a double points promotion at some point?

I think it is 27. RCL did switch the points system a short while ago. I did my first cruise 3 years ago, and looking at the C&A portal, I have 8 points (for the 8 nights I was on the cruise). However, I would like to be enlightened as to how you got to 36. Was there a double points promotion at some point?

Before the switch to the new system you got 1 point per cruise up to a certain number of nights (1o or 12?). For over that number or for a suite you got more.

During the conversion each of those points got counted as a 7 night cruise regardless of whether it was 3, 7, 8 or more. Then they added 1 or 2 points for good measure.

Since 4 of the OPs cruises are before the conversion it is 4 x 7 plus the 1 extra for 29. Then add the 7 nights for the one cruise after the conversion for 36.

So for your points count, you got 7 for the 1 cruise you did, plus the 1 "extra" for a total of 8.

Clear as mud, right!

Prior to counting days at sea, they counted total cruises. The easiest way they came up with to convert all the cruisers over to days (instead of actually counting days) was to give a random number of days for each sailing. I actually thought the random number was 7.5, that is why I came up with 37. Even if you went on 100 3 day cruises, they still gave you 7 or 7.5 days per each cruise.

There was no randomness in the conversion process. Cigar King has the correct formula for 4 cruise credits. Here is the actual formula they used:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

Please explain how you came up the the "4" in (4*7).:confused:

((4*7) +1) + 7 = 36

Hi all!

Oasis of the Seas 7 night cruise 2012 (7 points post 1/2011 days at sea conversion) And not counted in the conversion formula. The 7 points is added to the converted amount of 29 ((4*7)+1)

Monarch of the Seas 3 night cruise 2010 (one cruise)

Monarch of the Seas 3 night cruise 2010 (b2b) (one cruise)

Enchantment of the Seas 7 night cruise 2002 (one cruise)

Majesty of the Seas 7 night cruise 1999 (one cruise)

Thank you!

I think this is how.

Please explain how you came up the the "4" in (4*7).:confused:

Here was the list of the OP's cruises:

There are 4 (assuming the 2 listed Monarch cruises are 2 cruises, not 3) cruises before Jan 2011, so they count as 4 cruise credits. That's where the 4 comes from.

The cruise in 2012 was after Jan 2011 when the switch to points occurred, so that's counted as 7 points. Before Jan 2011, a cruise less than 12 nights and not in a suite was counted as one cruise credit. After Jan 2011, you get a point for each night of cruising, unless you are in a JS or better in which case you get 2 points per night.

Here was the list of the OP's cruises:

There are 4 (assuming the 2 listed Monarch cruises are 2 cruises, not 3) cruises before Jan 2011, so they count as 4 cruise credits. That's where the 4 comes from.

The cruise in 2012 was after Jan 2011 when the switch to points occurred, so that's counted as 7 points. Before Jan 2011, a cruise less than 12 nights and not in a suite was counted as one cruise credit. After Jan 2011, you get a point for each night of cruising, unless you are in a JS or better in which case you get 2 points per night.

And if the Monarch was 3 cruises their total would be...45 ((5*7)+3)+7

Of course all these calculations could go out the window if their spouse living at the same address had more cruise credits at the time of conversion.:eek:

Oh great, now you've really confused the issue!;)

So OP, have you been on the Monarch for 2 or 3 cruises total and what is the website showing as your points total.

I think we have come to a consensus on how many we think it should be, now need more info from you!

Thank you, all!

The C&A page shows that I have 32 points and I didn't think that was correct based on any formula I could figure out. Now I can more confidently call and get this updated. Good karma to you all!

THANKS A MILLION! :D

Thank you, all!

The C&A page shows that I have 32 points and I didn't think that was correct based on any formula I could figure out. Now I can more confidently call and get this updated. Good karma to you all!

Why am I not surprised:rolleyes:.

Thank you, all!

Best of luck to you, you definitely don't have the right number of points.

Thank you, all!

Just remember, you might have to call multiple times to get the correct answer from them.

Even calling an odd number of times does not guarantee breaking a tie. 5 calls could result in 5 different answers.:eek:

Pick a number. Any Number! That is what RCCL seems to do. THey gave me 18 cruise points or credits or whatever they call them for 1 4 night Bahama cruise in a Balcony cabin. In addition they somehow think that I was on two different cruises with the exact same departure date. SO, like I said pick a number, Any number.

Archived