JS obstructed view

There is some ship's hull blocking the view from inside the cabin. But it provides some nice shade on the balcony. Also, there is some window-washing equipment that blocks part of the railing, but it doesn't seem to go higher. I haven't stayed in the cabin, but watched her sail away from LA a few years ago and got some pictures. Here's one:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2452138100069108448zaXtKn

I tried to upload from Webshots, but got the dreaded red "x", so you'll have to follow the link.:)

The window washing platform and ladder are ABOVE your head...you will see it, but it obstucts NOTHING!

I had that cabin...was worried, too...but I worried for nothing! The balcony is actually larger (wider) than the cabin, with a nice, shady spot for napping....we had the 2 chairs and slightly larger patio table than the other JS's, AND a lounger! the other JS's had no lounger.

The only downside to this cabin is the very LOOOOOOOONG hallway....I hated that walk, as I tend to go back and forth during the daytime ....the walk is not very convenient. There is no passenger stairway in the aft.

We had 1098 on our Alaskan cruise so the portside compared to the starboard side you are looking at

Yes the cabin is obstructed view as it is built in the hull

Also there is a ladder outside of the balcony. And they will use it once during the cruise.

If you want to look all the way aft you have to look thru the ladder but everything else is fine.

It was a great place to take a nap as it had a lounger beside the table and 2 chairs.

I do have many photos I will post a few

I will actually write a review of the cabin after I finish my current Alaska review

We did the last two cruises before Radiance refurb in 1598 - 20 days, Panama Canal and West Coast. Would definitely take that cabin again if we couldn't get an aft. The balcony is actually wider than a standard side JS and the steel 'shield' at the aft end of the balcony makes a nice little 'cove' sheltered from the rain and sun. Would be an excellent location for Alaska, which tends to be rainy. Window Washing Gear is some metal struts and things (as shown in previous picture) and causes few issues, especially since the balcony is wider than standard anyhow. Fear not...........

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me what the obstructed view in room 1598 JS on the Radiance is like?

On the Serenade, it really blocked nothing. it was a very nice room. The balcony is slightly larger (2 feet or so wider) because it goes back into the bulkhead aft.

Archived