Courtyard Marrott- Downtown Miami

drychi

Not a terrible place. Its in the northern part of downtown. You COULD walk to Bayside, but it does feel a little isolated particularly at night. There is a Metromover stop near the hotel and a free rubber tire trolley stop almost in front.

Not a terrible place. Its in the northern part of downtown. You COULD walk to Bayside, but it does feel a little isolated particularly at night. There is a Metromover stop near the hotel and a free rubber tire trolley stop almost in front.

Actually we just stayed at this hotel about 8 months ago. It was actually very nice. It's only about a block from Bayside Market, so I'm not sure if this is the same hotel the other poster is talking about. This hotel just opened recently and the staff were outstanding.

We had a very large room (actually, it was more like a suite). It was in a good area of downtown Miami very close to restaurants, CVS for last minute items, etc. I would stay there again in a heartbeat, although we usually stay at Intercontinental. It's just up the street (about half a block) from IC.

Jo-Ann

It's only about a block from Bayside Market, so I'm not sure if this is the same hotel the other poster is talking about. This hotel just opened recently and the staff were outstanding.

Jo-Ann

I may have my Marriots messed up, if its the Courtyard on SE 2nd Ave, then that is a decent older hotel about 6 blocks from Bayside. It is very close to a metromover station though.

Same advice applies, it might feel a bit isolated at night, but in general its an okay neighborhood.

the Courtyard on SE 2nd has been there many years...according to Marriott's website it is being renovated until October of 2012..it says that the exterior and guest rooms are being redone.....

That must be why it seemed new to me. Our room was very nice and the staff could not have been nicer. We didn't think the location was isolated at all. The downtown area is quite built up with many more stores and restaurants.

There are two really great restaurants a two minute walk from the hotel. Puntino's Downtown and Fratelli Milano. Both outstanding, authentic Italian and very reasonably priced.

We usually stay at Intercontinental Hotel but either hotel, we always frequent both of these restaurants.

Jo-Ann

Considering this hotel in January, 2013. Any thoughts, experience with this property would be appreciated. Would be staying 2 nights.

We just booked this hotel through priceline for 114 a night was the price i put in for a 3 star hotel and got this one i am very excited we have stayed here before and loved it.

We didn't think the location was isolated at all. The downtown area is quite built up with many more stores and restaurants.

There are two really great restaurants a two minute walk from the hotel. Puntino's Downtown and Fratelli Milano.

Fratelli is the best Italian restaurant in Miami.

Its a good location. And yes, downtown is getting better all the time.

But the location is more lonely than say the area around Mary Brickell and/or Bayside.

I wanted to stay at the Courtyard, but the price was too high. After I read your message, I called LMT and booked it for January for $128 plus tax.

There's a great Italian reataurant a block away called Fratelli Milano. Read the reviews on Trip Adviser.

Have a wonderful cruise,and thanks again.:D:D:D

Yum - Fratelli Milano looks excellent. Is it family friendly? We'll have 2 kids with us (14 and 7) - menu looks great, just wondering if it's family friendly or more on the romantic side. Thanks!

A well mannered 14 and 7 year old will be fine there. Its a very small place.

Fratelli is simply the best Italian place in town. A little more family friendly would be Perricone's near Mary Brickell Village.

A well mannered 14 and 7 year old will be fine there. Its a very small place.

Fratelli is simply the best Italian place in town. A little more family friendly would be Perricone's near Mary Brickell Village.

Awesome thanks. We'll have my MIL with us and she has mobility issues - most of the time is fine, but a little unsteady. So I don't want to walk too far. Are taxis readily available? Can you take the metromover from the Courtyard to Bayside? Is it safe at night on the way home?

Awesome thanks. We'll have my MIL with us and she has mobility issues - most of the time is fine, but a little unsteady. So I don't want to walk too far. Are taxis readily available? Can you take the metromover from the Courtyard to Bayside? Is it safe at night on the way home?

i think you could maybe just walk...someone else will correct me...i am not a fan of the metro mover at any time of day....perhaps walk over in daylight then take a short cab ride back to the hotel...

Yes taxis are usually queued up nearby, if there isnt one at the hotel for some strange reason, the hotel can get you one in about 10 minutes.

Metromover is safe. I use it with my my wife and my 15 month old at all hours (she loves it).

On occasion, like a lot of major US cities, you might encounter a homeless person. Avoid eye contact, if you are asked for money politely but firmly say no. They go away.

How far can MIL walk? Bayside walking is about 1/2 mile. The mover cuts that down to about 200 yards.

Yes taxis are usually queued up nearby, if there isnt one at the hotel for some strange reason, the hotel can get you one in about 10 minutes.

Metromover is safe. I use it with my my wife and my 15 month old at all hours (she loves it).

On occasion, like a lot of major US cities, you might encounter a homeless person. Avoid eye contact, if you are asked for money politely but firmly say no. They go away.

How far can MIL walk? Bayside walking is about 1/2 mile. The mover cuts that down to about 200 yards.

I'm from NY - homeless people don't phase us (from a safety standpoint - not that I don't care about them - oh shoot this doesn't sound right). Anyway, that's fine. She can walk - it just takes her a bit sometimes. Sometimes it's fine! So I think maybe we can walk over and taxi back. I really want to try Fratelli Milano though - looks yummy. Thanks for the advice miamiyogi!

not that I don't care about them - oh shoot this doesn't sound right).

You'll see these meters scattered around downtown. Just put some change in them...they go to our Homeless trust. The problem here is that most of the people who panhandle aren't homeless. The money that goes into this meter goes to the Miami Homeless Trust.

Our transit is tame by New York standards. You'll be fine.

Romero+Britto.JPG

Our transit is tame by New York standards. You'll be fine.

• 3 months later...

Archived