When should I buy Internet access? (Oasis)

Find Internet access in port AND support the local economy. Go where gamers go for the fastest connections. Public libraries often offer free Internet access, too.

I have used public libraries all over the world and spent maybe $20 in donations.

Assuming you are a Crown and Anchor member, the coupon book in your room will have coupons for reduced-price internet access. I'm only sure of Diamond and Diamond+ books but I think all books have something similar. There are two types of coupon - one for 'free' minutes and one for discounted 'packages'. The important thing to note is the 'free' minute coupon is supposed to be used before you even sign on the first time and the 'discounted packages' coupon is to be used once the 'free' minutes are gone and you have purchased one of the available packages of minutes. Both coupons have to be presented at the front desk at the appropriate points - you can't get both discounts on one visit to the front desk. (Sometimes the front desk folks will bend the rules, sometimes not.....) Internet access is slow, and on some routes is erratic due to satellite visibility - but if you need connectivity at sea it's the only method available.

Archived