China Comparison

id4elizabeth

We're planning on going to China in the fall of next year (2013), and are trying to decide which river cruise company to take. We have it narrowed down to Viking, Uniworld, and Tauck. I know Viking seems to have a lock on China cruises, but we were so happy with our very recent Uniworld experience in Russia, we thought we'd consider them, and friends have raved about Tauck for so long, we were also looking at them. Any advice on comparison between these?

I know there's a thread on China over on the "All Cruise Lines" board, but that seems to be all about Viking China, with no word on the other two. Anybody been on Tauck or Uniworld in China?

Thanks fellow CC:ers!

We're planning on going to China in the fall of next year (2013), and are trying to decide which river cruise company to take. We have it narrowed down to Viking, Uniworld, and Tauck. I know Viking seems to have a lock on China cruises, but we were so happy with our very recent Uniworld experience in Russia, we thought we'd consider them, and friends have raved about Tauck for so long, we were also looking at them. Any advice on comparison between these?

I know there's a thread on China over on the "All Cruise Lines" board, but that seems to be all about Viking China, with no word on the other two. Anybody been on Tauck or Uniworld in China?

Thanks fellow CC:ers!

We are going to China this September with Vantage.

What are the prices of each?

Most of the China trips that include a cruise are just that, a land trip that includes a cruise as a minor but wonderful part of the trip. Consider that land trip as the major part of the trip, and make your selection based on that. We did Grand Circle's China and the Yangtze River in 2007 and it was a wonderful trip with all of the logistics going like clockwork. I wrote a blog on the trip that might interest you regardless of who you travel with. It is http://jackthetravelingman-china.blogspot.com.

Archived