Car Rental in Fairbanks

drdaddy

Hi you alaskans. Thanks for all the input about your great state.

I want to rent a car for 1 day in Fairbanks. We will be there in June and hav a cruisetour with Princess. After our last excursion on June 21, I thought I would rent a car at the airport, go to the festival, then run around the next day and catch a plane home at 7:30 PM. Good plan? We will at the Princess lodge. Should I just cab it? The 1 day rentals are not too bad, around $50. Or is it not worth it?

Basically, I guess the question is, how far is the lodge from those places and from the airport?

Thanks.

Hi you alaskans. Thanks for all the input about your great state.

I want to rent a car for 1 day in Fairbanks. We will be there in June and hav a cruisetour with Princess. After our last excursion on June 21, I thought I would rent a car at the airport, go to the festival, then run around the next day and catch a plane home at 7:30 PM. Good plan? We will at the Princess lodge. Should I just cab it? The 1 day rentals are not too bad, around $50. Or is it not worth it?

Basically, I guess the question is, how far is the lodge from those places and from the airport?

Thanks.

Hi I am Fiarbanks - Have lived here for 21 years. I'm happy to help with your questions... First off, the Fairbanks Princess Lodge is about a mile from the airport. Very doable.

Also, what is the festival you're attending? Maybe I can help you with logistics?

Taters

Hi, Taters. Can't wait to see Fairbanks. Sounds great. I will be on a cruisetour that day and I figure to rent a car at the airport. How would I get to the airport to get the car. I am sure it is too far to walk from the Princess. Budget seems to be OK but I was wondering if there are any "local" deals running around.

The festival is the Summer Solstice thing downtown, June 21. Sounds like a great time. If I get this car, where is this being held. Some folks said Pioneer Park? If I did not get the car, is a cab feasible. Then the next day (we leave at 7:30 P) I figure to explore a little (North Pole, maybe?) and the Univ. museum.

Vivian, thanks. Didn't think of that.

Hi, Taters. Can't wait to see Fairbanks. Sounds great. I will be on a cruisetour that day and I figure to rent a car at the airport. How would I get to the airport to get the car. I am sure it is too far to walk from the Princess. Budget seems to be OK but I was wondering if there are any "local" deals running around.

The festival is the Summer Solstice thing downtown, June 21. Sounds like a great time. If I get this car, where is this being held. Some folks said Pioneer Park? If I did not get the car, is a cab feasible. Then the next day (we leave at 7:30 P) I figure to explore a little (North Pole, maybe?) and the Univ. museum.

Vivian, thanks. Didn't think of that.

I believe that the Princess Lodge offers a free airport shuttle.

If you were to rent a car from a place like Rent-A-Wreck or one of the car dealerships in town, you would have to travel much farther than you would to the airport. Taking a cab to these other places would be cost prohibitive.

The Solstice Festival, 907-452-8671, will be held downtown this year. A cab to downtown will cost you about $18 to $20 dollars each way, + tip. Downtown Fairbanks is very small, about 8 square blocks, so you won't have trouble finding the festival. More than likely it will be centered around the intersection of 2nd Avenue and Cushman Street.

Fairbanks is spread out, and so I would definately want to rent a car. You would not think much of the area if all you got to see is Airport Way (the main drag through town).

I hope this helps!

Taters

I'm renting a car from Arctic Rent A Car for $38.50 - just for one day. They will pick you up at the Princess, ask you to leave the car back at the hotel and take the Princess shuttle to the airport.

Archived