car rental

ncamy

Which companies do one way rentals from seattle to vancouver? I have searched most of the biggies but still can't tell because most of the cars seem to already be booked for this July. (We are not going until next July. I'm just trying to get some idea of pricing.) A car is our only option because we are stopping midway to spend two nights with a friend and there are four of us. Thanks.

We booked a Ford Explorer with Hertz back in October for our cruise in August. Will pick up the car at the Renaissance Hotel Harbourside at Canada Place (right next to the pier) and return it the next morning at the SeattleAirport.

I just checked on Hertz' web site and found a one way rental (Ford Taurus) for $201 CDN. Probalby you can get a 15% discount through AAA/Costco etc. and save $30. Also you will save with the CDN-USD exchange rate.

Going Seattle to Vancouver, you can pick up the same car at SEA and drop off at the Renaissance for $131-$138 US. Not a bad deal for 4-5 people.

The best one way rate I could find from Seattle to Vancouver for May 2005 was Hertz. The car can be returned to the Renaissance Hotel which is near Canada Place. I would be interested if anyone has found a better deal from another rental car company.

I also have a one-way rental from Vancouver RENAISSANCE HOTEL on 6/6 and will return on 6/7 at SEATAC airport with Hertz.

I have locked in a pretty good rate at $98.10 CAD for a mid-size car.

But Hertz already increased price about a month ago and it is now around $150 CAD or more.

I also have a one-way rental from Vancouver RENAISSANCE HOTEL on 6/6 and will return on 6/7 at SEATAC airport with Hertz.

I have locked in a pretty good rate at $98.10 CAD for a mid-size car.

But Hertz already increased price about a month ago and it is now around $150 CAD or more.

You have to keep watch on the rates. We found a nice rate on a SUV from Thrifty for our land portion of the Alaska trip only to see the rate skyrocket while we were deciding. Fortunately Alamo also had a deal that was sweet and we grabbed it as well as the Vancouver-Seattle rental.

Since it is only a reservation that you can cancel, make one you can live with ASAP then continue to check the websites for deals. I bet that there will be a really good deal this fall after the tourist season ends. Then grab it and dump the more expensive one!

Here is a cut and paste of our car itinerary, going in reverse of yours. Not sure how it works going in reverse, but there was no one-way fee here with Budget. Not too bad I don't think for what we're getting and the length of time. Todays exchange value puts that as $317 USD.:)

Hope it helps!

Thank you for choosing Budget Rent A Car.

Pick-Up: Vancouver

June 15, 2005 8:30AM

Drop-Off: Sea-Tac

June 18, 2005 4:00PM

Vehicle: FORD EXPLORER 4WD-4DR/7 passenger or similar

Mileage: Unlimited Free KMS

Additional Equipment: none

Vehicle Rate: 339.80

One-Way Fee: none

Additional Equipment: none

Surcharge: 5.92

Tax: 55.24