Port Arrival time

jenseib

I have family of 16 going in Nov. When I sailed last year...our goal was to get on the ship as early as possible and got to the port fairly early too.

This time there will be several kids in our group and some of them have never sailed, so they won't be able to do any early pickings of port arrival times.

What time do you think would be best to arrive with a group that large and with minimal wait in the terminal? I am hearing some people say 12-1 is good. I feel like that is so late...but I need to get over that. ;)

I have family of 16 going in Nov. When I sailed last year...our goal was to get on the ship as early as possible and got to the port fairly early too.

This time there will be several kids in our group and some of them have never sailed, so they won't be able to do any early pickings of port arrival times.

What time do you think would be best to arrive with a group that large and with minimal wait in the terminal? I am hearing some people say 12-1 is good. I feel like that is so late...but I need to get over that. ;)

With the "new" boarding process, it's actually much more organized.

Even if you arrive at port opening (11:00), the actual boarding doesn't begin until about 11:45. At that time they begin calling the boarding numbers (that you receive when you checkin at the port). They begin with #1 (concierge), #2 (platinum), and so on. They are announced about every 5-10 minutes. Once the numbers being announced catches up with the numbers being issued at checkin, they announce open boarding. This usually happens by 12:15 or so.

The DCL transfer busses from WDW begin arriving about 1:30, so once again there is a influx of people arriving all at once.

If you plan to arrive about 12:00-12:30, you will fall between the open boarding announcement and the people arriving from the resorts. And usually will walk right on after checking in.

:)

With the "new" boarding process, it's actually much more organized.

Even if you arrive at port opening (11:00), the actual boarding doesn't begin until about 11:45. At that time they begin calling the boarding numbers (that you receive when you checkin at the port). They begin with #1 (concierge), #2 (platinum), and so on. They are announced about every 5-10 minutes. Once the numbers being announced catches up with the numbers being issued at checkin, they announce open boarding. This usually happens by 12:15 or so.

The DCL transfer busses from WDW begin arriving about 1:30, so once again there is a influx of people arriving all at once.

If you plan to arrive about 12:00-12:30, you will fall between the open boarding announcement and the people arriving from the resorts. And usually will walk right on after checking in.

Thanks I think I had an 8 last time...and we were on the ship by 12:30...so I am hoping that if we arrive around 12 or so...we won't be too far off from boarding. When I did sail her before they were not enforcing the picked check in times...I think they are now. I actually don't mind sitting around in the terminal..but my guess is the family won't like it.

Another thought. We are all being dropped off with the bags and then some of the men are taking the vans back to park at the hotel and shuttling back. If we arrive to be dropped off earlier than say our appointed time, they will still take our bags right...and we can just wait to go inside till the men arrive back.

Thanks I think I had an 8 last time...and we were on the ship by 12:30...so I am hoping that if we arrive around 12 or so...we won't be too far off from boarding. When I did sail her before they were not enforcing the picked check in times...I think they are now. I actually don't mind sitting around in the terminal..but my guess is the family won't like it.

Another thought. We are all being dropped off with the bags and then some of the men are taking the vans back to park at the hotel and shuttling back. If we arrive to be dropped off earlier than say our appointed time, they will still take our bags right...and we can just wait to go inside till the men arrive back.

I believe they will take the bags at any time. As to whether you will wait inside or outside the terminal if you're early, I don't know. It depends on how busy the terminal is inside. If it's real busy, and you're early, you will be asked to wait until either the terminal is less busy or your actual port arrival time to enter.

Archived