When can u reserve specialty restaurants?

I think you're correct about it only being able to be done on the Epic...but I have a reservation for the Jewel in January 2013... and the option to prebook dining is on my reservation page on NCL under explore and plan section. However the icon for dining is not lit up like the excurssion icon is. It will not let me push it to prebook any dining, but again I'm still like 6 months away from my cruise date. Hope that helps

I was able to book specialty restaurants for my upcoming cruise on Dawn, so it's not just Epic. When you log into your account on NCL there is a link at the bottom that says what you can book (separate links for shore excursions and dining). HTH!

All NCL ships now allow advance bookings within 45 days. The number of seats available for early booking are limited. You also can only book in even numbers, so if you have an odd number you have to reserve the next higher number and pay in advance. Once you go to eat, they will adjust your bill to the correct number and give a refund. Keep watching your reservation and you should see it open up at any time now.

I guess I was being impatient last night, cause logging on this morning after reading your comments, and it''s there. So I am guessing all the NCL ships you can book early. Thank you all for your comments.

also, I have the option of reserving a table for 3.. just thought I should share

Unless you're booking for a group of persons, I would wait to reserve until you are on the ship. First, getting into a specialty restaurant (except the slice and dice place) is generally just a walk up, no reservation needed affair, and you can book on the ship each day if you wish. Second, advanced reservations are just one more thing to deal with in case you get aboard and change your schedule, don't like the menu, etc. They just usually aren't very corwded.

Roger.. u have the right idea.. I guess as a first time NCL cruiser I feared not being able to try the couple I wanted to..

The Teppanyaki is the only one that you do indeed need reservations, because it does fill up fast each day. But that is only because it is such a small, specialized dining event with very limited seating. Throughout the ships (most of them) are electronic boards that continually show how full the various restaurants are during each hour of the day. There's a restaurant reservations station in the main lobby with all the menus and an attendant to make reservations for you.

Archived