malibu rum tour

ownercarry

searched the first 4 pages and nothing. search malibu's webpage too (lame!) and nothing there either.

in 2001, i know a LONG time ago, we did a tour of the factory that also included 2 drinks and chairs and umbrella on the beach right next to the factory.

the factory is off the cruise ship and to the left about 2 miles. this portion of beach is WAY better than the one to the right and near downtown that everyone else goes to.

the big difference though is this one doesn't have very many amenities at all. it's truly a locals beach. compare it to 7 mile beach in grand cayman but more rustic.

so what i'm really wondering is does malibu still offer tours. we were there again in 2008 but it was a sunday and when we took a taxi to the malibu factory, everything was closed because it was a sunday.

so now 4 years later, we'd really like to go again. i've used the contact us on their website, but their website is now all facebook and marketing related and no reply in 2 days. likely because it's true malibu people have nothing to do with it.

please, lmk.

searched the first 4 pages and nothing. search malibu's webpage too (lame!) and nothing there either.

in 2001, i know a LONG time ago, we did a tour of the factory that also included 2 drinks and chairs and umbrella on the beach right next to the factory.

the factory is off the cruise ship and to the left about 2 miles. this portion of beach is WAY better than the one to the right and near downtown that everyone else goes to.

the big difference though is this one doesn't have very many amenities at all. it's truly a locals beach. compare it to 7 mile beach in grand cayman but more rustic.

so what i'm really wondering is does malibu still offer tours. we were there again in 2008 but it was a sunday and when we took a taxi to the malibu factory, everything was closed because it was a sunday.

so now 4 years later, we'd really like to go again. i've used the contact us on their website, but their website is now all facebook and marketing related and no reply in 2 days. likely because it's true malibu people have nothing to do with it.

please, lmk.

Sorry I don't have the answer to your question ownercarry, but I was wondering the same thing. I have read about Mt. Gray on CC but nothing much in the way of Mailibu on here. I thought it would be a good way to kill "two birds with one stone"(rum tour and beach). I haven't been able to find much of anything on the internet either. So come on CC board, please inform the two of us who are looking for answers about Mailibu Rum tours. Thank you! :D

well, good news, bad news.

did a bunch of looking myself and google maps. found that anywhere on the map the malibu beach club was, it was also cockspur beach club. then i switched it to the streets view and sure enough, that was matched my photos from years ago. a bit more digging and got an email address.

here is what i got back.

Good morning

Thank you for your e-mail.

Yes it is in fact the same place however it is now called the Cockspur Beach Club.

We still offer beach chairs and umbrellas. There is however no more distillery tour but we do a ‘rum talk’ that will explain the process of rum making and we have displays in our courtyard as well.

Bar and restaurant are also still on property so please come and relax with us for a while. We are currently closed on Sundays and Mondays but that changes from time to time depending on events and specials we are running so please just give us a call when you are here to verify what days we will be open. Our number 246-425-9393. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Best regards

Nicki King

Business Development Manager

Goddards Shipping & Tours Ltd.

Goddards Complex

Fontabelle, St. Michael

BB11149

Barbados, W.I.

Tel: +1-246-426-9918 / +1-246-426-TOUR (8687)

Direct Line: +1-246-430-5782

Mobile: +1-246-234-7083

Fax: +1-246-426-7322

E-mail: gst.all@thegelgroup.com

Direct E-mail: Nicki.King@thegelgroup.com

well, good news, bad news.

did a bunch of looking myself and google maps. found that anywhere on the map the malibu beach club was, it was also cockspur beach club. then i switched it to the streets view and sure enough, that was matched my photos from years ago. a bit more digging and got an email address.

here is what i got back.

Good morning

Thank you for your e-mail.

Yes it is in fact the same place however it is now called the Cockspur Beach Club.

We still offer beach chairs and umbrellas. There is however no more distillery tour but we do a ‘rum talk’ that will explain the process of rum making and we have displays in our courtyard as well.

Bar and restaurant are also still on property so please come and relax with us for a while. We are currently closed on Sundays and Mondays but that changes from time to time depending on events and specials we are running so please just give us a call when you are here to verify what days we will be open. Our number 246-425-9393. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Best regards

Nicki King

Business Development Manager

Goddards Shipping & Tours Ltd.

Goddards Complex

Fontabelle, St. Michael

BB11149

Barbados, W.I.

Tel: +1-246-426-9918 / +1-246-426-TOUR (8687)

Direct Line: +1-246-430-5782

Mobile: +1-246-234-7083

Fax: +1-246-426-7322

E-mail: gst.all@thegelgroup.com

Direct E-mail: Nicki.King@thegelgroup.com

Thanks Ownercarry for doing all of the research about Malibu Rum/Cockspur Beach Club. I am saddened that they don't do a tour. Don't know what a "rum talk" will entail. :( But I have read good things about Cockspur Beach on CC, didn't know this was the same area. Hmmm, something to look into. :cool: When do you go on your cruise? Are you going to try the "rum talk" at Malibu rum?

we'll be there oct 19. not sure if we'll go or not. the beach there is nothing short of amazing and 1/10th the people of the beaches near downtown. did some research and we did that tour in 2003!!! today, the company that owns absolute vodka owns malibu. pretty sure in 03 it was still a barbados company. as well, that was PK, and we've 2 kids now, 6 & 8, so we might not go as it's more of a tranquil place and we're worried the kids will just keep asking "can we go now?".

we'll see. we've rented a car in barbados before and had a great time driving the island as well. the inland people are incredibly nice and so is the scenery.

Cockspur beach is one of the most beautiful beaches we've been to and that includes quite a few.

We enjoy dinner on the beach and sunset further north when there late, and seeing the small ship to the south is almost eerie.

Malibu was selected as the first World Surfing Reserve because of the stellar quality of its waves, the seminal role it played in the birth of modern surf culture, the rich biological characteristics of its besieged inland wetlands, and the protective galaxy of locals caught Malibu beach house in its gravitational field. Your own palace is an understatement, if your looking for an outstanding house to spend the Summer of Portion of the Summer... you found it. On a private beach and gorgeous views as far as the eye can see is the beginning of your day, until you step onto the terrace and enjoy your breakfast watching the crashing waves.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived