Latitudes credit for old cruises

susan0000

Perhaps since this post was a year old things might have changed? However, you are only missing 7 Latitudes points and that really gives no advantage. Most/many of the ships are no longer inviting Bronze Latitudes members to the cocktail party. Good luck with your choice of cruise lines.

Agree it doesn't give much of an advantage, but it is 7 less than we would have to get if we consider building up loyalty points with this line.

We tried calling first and were told to send the info to latitudes clerical. We enjoyed our prior experience with NCL, but it is small things like this that could sway a sale. It made the difference in choosing between NCL and Princess for our spring cruise.

For a few months I had the Epic booked for next January. I had some questions regarding the promo I booked under (latitudes and OBC) so I wanted to make sure that we would be receiving the proper credit -- for a suite, booking 9+ months out, and a latitudes offer.

I was well aware that it might take a few weeks for them to reply. After TWO MONTHS with no response I ended up cancelling the cruise and booking the Reflection. I would have likely cancelled anyway as two friends of ours were already booked on the Reflection, but the pathetic (make that lack of) response from the latitudes department helped seal the deal.

This last weekend I was visiting my (91 yo) father in Tallahassee and was looking at an old photo album. This was one of the pages:

HAL%20Statendam%201966%20%283%29-M.jpg

I knew we had cruised before in the 60's (HAL out of Rotterdam to the US when we were coming back from a year in Sierra Leone/Peace Corps), but really considered my cruising history to have begun in 1999! I saw the name of the ship (Statendam) and the date. So yesterday I posted on the HAL board about getting credit for that sailing. I called the Mariner Society (HAL's program) and was told to email the photo and any other details I had (I had nothing else). Around 5 PM yesterday I received confirmation from HAL that I had been granted credit... WOW.... FAST.. AMAZING !! (that makes NCL appear even more pathetic sadly...)

HAL-M.jpg

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

• 3 weeks later...

Latitudes is the worse of the past passenger programs we have dealt with. I was trying to get credit for our Honeymoon cruise from 1989 and just received a message saying I would have to submit documentation...such as a credit statement. The only thing I have, 24 1/2 years later, is a souvenir glass with the ship name. Our last cruise w/NCl in 2004-15 cruises ago- was a nightmare and this lack of past passenger loyalty made me remember why we don't cruise NCL anymore.

I received credit for a 2001 cruise. I didn't have to send in documentation. I provided all four of our latitudes numbers and they did research. It is interesting that now it shows up on my past cruise history list with a notation saying that it came from the "research archives". The woman I spoke to said they have the data back to that point - I wanted to ask "then why is it missing?" but I was just happy to get credit.

It looks like the credit you are referring to was on the Dream. We had the same issue, was resolved but they also in our case call it "research archives."

I wonder if this is because the Dream is no longer in the NCL fleet.

It looks like the credit you are referring to was on the Dream. We had the same issue, was resolved but they also in our case call it "research archives."

I wonder if this is because the Dream is no longer in the NCL fleet.

Our cruise from 2003 on the Dawn also says "research archives" so that screws up the "no longer in the fleet" theory.

For a few months I had the Epic booked for next January. I had some questions regarding the promo I booked under (latitudes and OBC) so I wanted to make sure that we would be receiving the proper credit -- for a suite, booking 9+ months out, and a latitudes offer.

I was well aware that it might take a few weeks for them to reply. After TWO MONTHS with no response I ended up cancelling the cruise and booking the Reflection. I would have likely cancelled anyway as two friends of ours were already booked on the Reflection, but the pathetic (make that lack of) response from the latitudes department helped seal the deal.

This last weekend I was visiting my (91 yo) father in Tallahassee and was looking at an old photo album. This was one of the pages:

HAL%20Statendam%201966%20%283%29-M.jpg

I knew we had cruised before in the 60's (HAL out of Rotterdam to the US when we were coming back from a year in Sierra Leone/Peace Corps), but really considered my cruising history to have begun in 1999! I saw the name of the ship (Statendam) and the date. So yesterday I posted on the HAL board about getting credit for that sailing. I called the Mariner Society (HAL's program) and was told to email the photo and any other details I had (I had nothing else). Around 5 PM yesterday I received confirmation from HAL that I had been granted credit... WOW.... FAST.. AMAZING !! (that makes NCL appear even more pathetic sadly...)

HAL-M.jpg

Tom

Wow! Classy of HAL to credit you, and hopefully incentive for NCL to treat its past passengers similarly. I loved looking at your photos.

I find it quite interesting that NCL says they did not have a latitudes program until 1995.

I received at Latitudes Card in 1993 after sailing on the Norway. I'm going to try to find the card and scan it. No promises. Well when I was near Platinum Status on the OLD program, I new I had the Norway cruise. I called an at that time they didn't believe I had a Card. I went on a cruise and brought the OLD card and showed the Cruise Consultant on board. She was amazed and had never seen a card like it before. She ended up giving me credit for a couple cruises that were not in the records. She was able to research what NCL had. I was under various numbers. Then she asked me for months, ship and itineraries of the cruises that were not on my record. Got everything.

I'm thinking that maybe they had some type of loyalty program, but they really did not keep any track of it way back then. JMHO

When I checked both DH's and mine, I had to wonder if HE went on a few cruises without me! Then I had cruise credits that he didn't. Between the two of us, there were 8 missing cruises, so I contacted my TA [have used the same on for years]. Our TA had all of the information, booking numbers, dates, room cat, etc. He offered to handle the matter and within a day, everything was corrected. We even got credit for 3 cruises on the Norway.

Darcy

Our cruise from 2003 on the Dawn also says "research archives" so that screws up the "no longer in the fleet" theory.

OK I could say we will have to look for another theory. I am addicted to uncovering theories but it may be wise to go on to other things in this case.

When I checked both DH's and mine, I had to wonder if HE went on a few cruises without me! Then I had cruise credits that he didn't. Between the two of us, there were 8 missing cruises, so I contacted my TA [have used the same on for years]. Our TA had all of the information, booking numbers, dates, room cat, etc. He offered to handle the matter and within a day, everything was corrected. We even got credit for 3 cruises on the Norway.

Darcy

It was a disappointment since we even had our boarding passes from the cruise. The news article we kept of the hurricane during the cruise also brought back some memories. I remember the ship was really rocking and they say the waves reached 40 feet.

Thought some might find this interesting.

9506770070_dbaaee3d9e_b.jpg Enjoy

I don't know when you wrote to them, but it was a full month before I heard back. My previous cruises were on the Majesty before and after NCL bought the ship. They suggested I send in any photos, dailies, room keys, bar bills etc, but it seemed too much work.

HI, Would that have been the Majesty of Majesty Cruise Line? We sailed on her in the fall of 1997 the next to last or last sailing I think. I still have the room key card from that trip. If this was the same ship does that mean I should check with NCL for cruise credit?

Thanks for any and all info.

Darcy

Would that have been the SS Norway? I thought that was RCCL's ship. Did NCL have one with the same name?

Thanks

Edited by latebloomer56
spelling

We've both been platinum level for quiet a few years. Now we have ample "point's" to apply in case NCL decides to invent a new tier. Our upcoming cruise on the Breakaway, in the Haven, booked 9 months out, will give us an additional 21 points.

When I looked at the difference between DH's cruise history and mine, he had one on the SS Norway and I had another, with the third one missing. That missing cruise was in a suite - when the Norway added a superstructure to the top deck, adding a number of rooms, no balcony, but beautiful floor to ceiling windows.

SS Norway/Song of Norway - very different ships, different cruise lines.

Darcy

so I emailed them that they must have made a mistake. About a month later I got an email asking for documentation. I do not keep papers going that far back. I simply emailed them back and informed them that I was in the same cabin with my husband on every cruise and they had a computer and to please check. I also noted that I was sure that they would like my continued business. About a month later they emailed me back and updated me to the same status as my husband. I think someone just did a shoddy job when they checked the records.

We didn't go back as many years as some, however they easily were able to check our records back to 2004 & we thought then we wouldn't cruise again because our first was a work trip! Little did we know.... hooked on cruising now!

If you've not tried another service person... I'd certainly give it a try. We were not required to present past papers.... it took her a bit of investigating but the wait was worth receiving our credit. Happy sails... :D

• 11 months later...
I just emailed them that they had me on 6 cruise in an inside cabing when they were all balconys. If they need documentation forget it!:eek:

They did the same to me and I know I was in a penthouse suite (it was my first cruise), but I don't think it mattered as they gave me points based on the length of the cruise.

I have not sailed on NCL since my first cruise in 1979 on the Skyward. When I booked my current reservation on the Getaway, I asked if I could either have points or get a repeat customer discount for my Skyward cruise. I have the original carbon of my ticket and everything! They just laughed at me and said "no way, are you kidding?" They were actually rude about it. I was kidding to a point but thought they should toss me a bone for keeping that ticket for this long. :):)

I have not sailed on NCL since my first cruise in 1979 on the Skyward. When I booked my current reservation on the Getaway, I asked if I could either have points or get a repeat customer discount for my Skyward cruise. I have the original carbon of my ticket and everything! They just laughed at me and said "no way, are you kidding?" They were actually rude about it. I was kidding to a point but thought they should toss me a bone for keeping that ticket for this long. :):)

You're asking the wrong people, reservations can't help you. Call the Latitudes desk and they will tell you what to do. With what you have they will give you credit for your past cruise.

They can be found from NCL's website:

http://www.ncl.com/about/contact-us

The phone number for latitudes just goes to the main line

You're asking the wrong people, reservations can't help you. Call the Latitudes desk and they will tell you what to do. With what you have they will give you credit for your past cruise.

I called the latitudes # listed and got the main number. I was told that there is no phone number fro latitudes to help me out. I have the original ticket, boarding pass ( a laugh) and itinerary for my 1/3/81 Starward cruise. I was told to scan these in and email the Research department at LATCLERICAL@NCL.com. I did just that and got an automated email response that it will be looked at in the order received- could take 3- 6 weeks- We'll see :D

I remember getting a response last year telling me they couldn't count my 1991 Seaward cruise, but a couple of months ago I logged in and lo and behold, it was there.

So either my request was saved and somebody else overrode the first person's decision, or the policy was changed and they dug up old requests, or maybe somebody found some old floppy disks and uploaded the old passenger info. However it happened, somehow my 1991 cruise went on there, and my mom got credit for that one PLUS the Sea from the 1980s.

I remember getting a response last year telling me they couldn't count my 1991 Seaward cruise, but a couple of months ago I logged in and lo and behold, it was there.

So either my request was saved and somebody else overrode the first person's decision, or the policy was changed and they dug up old requests, or maybe somebody found some old floppy disks and uploaded the old passenger info. However it happened, somehow my 1991 cruise went on there, and my mom got credit for that one PLUS the Sea from the 1980s.

When we faxed in copies of our tickets for our cruise in 1984, within a couple of weeks we got the news that the points were added. If you can document it, they will add them.