Charlottetown Lighthouses

We will be in Charlottetown Sept 25 2012 8a-5p. We have rental car reserved and would love to see several lighthouses. Tourismpei.com has a North Cape Coast drive but I was wondering if we would have enough time to complete their route and return rental car. Has anyone done this route? Thanks

I am not sure which is the North cape drive but we have done a circuit from the cruiseship to North Rustico, along the coastline all the way around to the confederation bridge and back to the ship with time to spare. I hve done this drive twice now and it is beautiful. There are a few lighthouses along the way. I think the best place for a lighthouse tour is Portland Maine if you stop there.

We will be in Charlottetown Sept 25 2012 8a-5p. We have rental car reserved and would love to see several lighthouses. Tourismpei.com has a North Cape Coast drive but I was wondering if we would have enough time to complete their route and return rental car. Has anyone done this route? Thanks

Hi there,

We hope to be checking this out ourselves this summer....

http://www.comeexplorecanada.com/prince_edward_island/regions/points_east_coastal/

I have never been to the east side of the island and I live about an hour from the Confederation Bridge in New Brunswick.

There are 4 lighthouses on this route. You will love it there.

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya! I'm from PEI and I think I would discourage doing the entire North Cape Coastal Drive in one day from Charlottetown, particularly when you need to be back on the ship by a certain time. If you drove from Charlottetown directly to North Cape (the north west tip of PEI) it would take over two hours to get there via the main roads. To go off onto side roads and follow the coast line would take even longer.

However, there are lighthouses closer to Charlottetown. Check out this map

http://www.tourismpei.com/lighthouse-lovers-tour

jam 82, Can you help me please? I have a tour arranged with a private tour company in Charlottetown but my hard drive crashed Saturday and I have lost all my info. I believe it had Discover in the name. I've tried googling it but no company comes up with that name. I know I would recognize it if I saw it. I need to get their contact info again for my notes.

Thanks.

jam 82, Can you help me please? I have a tour arranged with a private tour company in Charlottetown but my hard drive crashed Saturday and I have lost all my info. I believe it had Discover in the name. I've tried googling it but no company comes up with that name. I know I would recognize it if I saw it. I need to get their contact info again for my notes.

Thanks.

I'm not very familiar with tour companies here, but would it be this one?

http://canada411.yellowpages.ca/bus/Prince-Edward-Island/Discover-Tours-PEI/6881564.html?what=discover&where=pei&cli=1,7&le=11865e11af8

Thanks for your reply. I went back on my roll call and found where the company was discussed on there, and then e-mailed them to get my contact info. Boy is it a pain to lose port notes. I have 3 ports I have to do this with.

• 2 weeks later...

I am fond of the east side of the island. Cape Bear lighthouse is where they first heard the distress signal of the Titanic. There are some gorgeous red cliffs near the lighthouse that you can walk around...good photo ops. There is also Rosignol Winery along Cape Bear Rd on the way there if you want to try some local wine and take a bottle back for the ship. Cute, good restaurant in Murray River, Brehaut's https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brehauts-Restaurant/119758614722086, that is not far from Cape Bear lighthouse or you could go into Montague which is another 10 minutes or so(although I see you'll be the end of Sept. Brehaut's will likely be closed..best bet is Montague and not too many restaurants there but at least something if you're hungry). I notice Beach Point lighthouse is on the map...if you don't know where it is, you won't find it. It's actually on a piece of property that is for sale that we looked at (down a dirt road at the end). Panmure Island is a pretty place and right on the way to Montague from Cape Bear. If you have time and can make it to East Point, it is nice because you are now on the ocean (as opposed to Northumberland Strait) so there is usually more wind and the rougher sea and a different view. You can then head west to Naufrage Harbor to the lighthouse (there is also a little restaurant there on the cliffs but it may be closed too). From Naufrage it is about 45-60 mins back to Charlottetown.

Archived