Cozumel-which beach do you recommend

Nachi Cochum, Mr Sanchos, or Paradise Beach. We are both 42, celebrating an anniversary, coming without the kids and want to have a blast, relax, have good food and drinks and like a fun environment with lots of music. We enjoyed Paradise Beach five years ago but know nothing of the other spots. Any suggestions? Any idea on costs?

We went to Buccanos on San Juan Beach. We had a great time. They have a nice resort there serving great food and it cost $25 per person. Snorkel equipment, chairs - all free and there's lots of shade. From downtown Cozumel it took about 15 min for the guy to get us out there. He stayed in the lobby and when we were ready to come back he drove us back. Not bad for $25.

They make their own Tequila there too btw and its good. DW bought a bottle and 4 beautiful hand made and painted Margarita glasses.

http://www.buccanos.com/

When we go back to Coz in 2014, we're heading back out there for sure.

Here's a few pics I took of the place.

P1140778.JPG

P1140781.JPG

P1140785.JPG

P1140789.JPG

P1140801.JPG

P1140809.JPG

I give my vote for Paradise Beach. We were there in April and loved it. Can't beat the huge pool! Food was good and reasonably priced, as far as food on vacation goes, and admission was $2 I believe.

We went to Buccanos on San Juan Beach. We had a great time. They have a nice resort there serving great food and it cost $25 per person. Snorkel equipment, chairs - all free and there's lots of shade. From downtown Cozumel it took about 15 min for the guy to get us out there. He stayed in the lobby and when we were ready to come back he drove us back. Not bad for $25.

They make their own Tequila there too btw and its good. DW bought a bottle and 4 beautiful hand made and painted Margarita glasses.

http://www.buccanos.com/

When we go back to Coz in 2014, we're heading back out there for sure.

Here's a few pics I took of the place.

P1140778.JPG

P1140781.JPG

P1140785.JPG

P1140789.JPG

P1140801.JPG

P1140809.JPG

This looks like a neat place I would like to try. What did the $25.pp include? Was it AI?

Include alcoholic drinks? If so, that's almost too good to be true.

This looks like a neat place I would like to try. What did the $25.pp include? Was it AI?

Include alcoholic drinks? If so, that's almost too good to be true.

For $25 they'll drive you from the pier to the resort. Free chairs and umbrellas and free snorkel equipment. They'll wait for you at the resort and drive you back when you want to go back. They have a great kitchen with good food, lots to drink and a really nice place to spend the day. Well worth it.

We stumbled on to the place by accident. We had planned on going to Chankanaab but as we were wandering around inside the cruise terminal we saw a gentleman with a sign and some pictures of the place. It looked good so we changed our mind.

May I suggest Passion Island as an alternative..... been there 3 times and always outstanding,very private and excellent food/drinks (AI). You can look it up on the web. :)

Sorry for ignorance, but is it part of Cozumel, or an island nearby that you go via an excursion? Can you elaborate?

Love Paradise Beach! With the upgrades, it will be even better than before, and it was already awesome.
We have not been to Paradise beach in sometime, how has the pricing changed?

It used to be "suggested" $10 for a wrist band for activities and that amount was applied towards drink/food. Thanks

I would also say Passion Island. It is not as popular as PB or the others, but it is so nice and private. All inclusive, no pool, great sand, and great food. You take a private boat ride to the island. (5 minute ride-speed boat-very safe) check out their website. Hammocks and chairs, clean bathroom and dressing area. This year we will be going to the new PB, but I have 2 kids and I know they will enjoy the pool and water toys. But for a couple.... Passion.....

It's been a number of years since I have been to Passion Island and I didn't go by the Turbo Twister boat - we went (long bumpy journey) in a Greyhound type bus. Once on the Island, very beautiful; but also very remote.

To the OP - if you are looking for "action" I would not recommend PI.

We went to Nachi in May of 2011 and loved it. Fast forward a year and I thought Nachi might be too quiet for my friends so decided to do Mr Sanchos. The beach Chairs were two deep and right next to our table, I mean like 24 inches. The tables were on top of each other and I felt like a sardine! I guess I was spoiled by Nachi as their chairs and tables were very spread out. It wasn't that there were that many people at Mr Sanchos, it was just the furniture was so tightly packed that it was not relaxing at all. The food and drinks weren't as good either. Next time I will be back to Nachi! Not complaining here, as we had fun, but it was a totally different layout!

We have not been to Paradise beach in sometime, how has the pricing changed?

It used to be "suggested" $10 for a wrist band for activities and that amount was applied towards drink/food. Thanks

I think it is $12 for the activities wrist band now. They also want you to spend some money on food and drinks, which is NOT a problem! They have the most delicious guacamole I've ever had!:D

First cruise we went to Mr. Sanchos. Had an awesome time!

Last cruise we planned on going to Paradise Beach, but the beaches on that side of the island were all red flagged because of the strong winds. So, we took a chance and went to the east side of the island (which is usually windy and rough) and it was smooth as glass! I can't remember which beach club we stopped at, but they had good food and a great beach and terrific snorkeling. We only paid for whatever food and drinks we had.

Archived