Upgrade fairy

ilablyth

NCL just called and said they were upgrading my two sisters and me from a SJ (family suite) to a SC (2 bedroom family suite) because of maintenance they needed to do on our previous room - and there would be no additional cost. I had a 2 bedroom Garden Villa on a cruise from Venice to the Greek Isles in May of 2011 and loved it. This suite appears to be about the same but without the private court yard, hot tub, resistance pool, and sundeck. I am feeling quite lucky. This is a cruise on the Star from NYC to Bermuda in September.

NCL just called and said they were upgrading my two sisters and me from a SJ (family suite) to a SC (2 bedroom family suite) because of maintenance they needed to do on our previous room - and there would be no additional cost. I had a 2 bedroom Garden Villa on a cruise from Venice to the Greek Isles in May of 2011 and loved it. This suite appears to be about the same but without the private court yard, hot tub, resistance pool, and sundeck. I am feeling quite lucky. This is a cruise on the Star from NYC to Bermuda in September.

Are you thinking 2 bedroom Haven Villa? The GV is 3 bedrooms. The Star doesn't have a Haven area but the two br SC on the Star would be similar to the 2 br you had previously, I'm guessing Jade? since you said the Med.

BTW, congratulations on the upgrade.

Can I as you what suite you were previously booked in? Did they say what the maintenance problem was?

I thought I saw in another post that someone mentioned something about a leak in one of the SJ's. Could be this.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

I didn't ask what the maintenance was as I was just excited about the upgrade. We are not leaving until Sept. 16 which seems like lots of time to fix any problem, but we intend to enjoy our 2 BR's and 2 baths.:)

my friends and i were moved as well...unfortunately now they are in an aft suite and we are in a forward suite; i was really looking forward to the floor to ceiling windows....but if you search on this message board, there is a real mess in our previous suites due to water leakage into the rooms and the carpeting and bedding are affected.....

s

On another thread I read it may be #12018.

Found the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1655881

I just found it too, and was coming back to report! Looks like 12018 has the problem, but they might be addressing the issue in all the SJs . Well, hopefully, fixed by December 16th -- I'm two down from 12018!

I just found it too, and was coming back to report! Looks like 12018 has the problem, but they might be addressing the issue in all the SJs . Well, hopefully, fixed by December 16th -- I'm two down from 12018!

Hope so I am in 12016.

If NCL knows there are problems, and they are moving September cruisers to upgrades then NCL has a plan and will solve the water and leak issues in September.

It is needless and unnecessary to worry about December and January Sailings. Plus if they can't solve it quick then hey....December and January get upgraded too.

So don't worry....be happy:D

Kev:cool:

If NCL knows there are problems, and they are moving September cruisers to upgrades then NCL has a plan and will solve the water and leak issues in September.

It is needless and unnecessary to worry about December and January Sailings. Plus if they can't solve it quick then hey....December and January get upgraded too.

So don't worry....be happy:D

You are, of course, 100% correct. BUT, I love to obsess about my cruise that is 5+ months away!! How else would I make it through my work days????? LOL!

You are, of course, 100% correct. BUT, I love to obsess about my cruise that is 5+ months away!! How else would I make it through my work days????? LOL!

Obsess. Please I am the epitome of obsession. I am not booked till June 9, 2013 on the breakaway and I am already on the boards like a madman. In 6 months I'll be a zombie. LOL :eek:

Archived