Transferring Booking Question

I have a cruise that I booked direct with RC last week. Considering transferring from RC to a new TA.

I know any changes I wish to make going forward would have to be made through the TA... Am I still able to make payments through my "my cruises" account with RC or do I have to make the payment direct to the TA?

I always book direct but found a TA that has a great offer. I'm leary of handing over credit card info to a small online agency that I haven't done business with before. They have good reviews, but it is a mom & pop agency.

I have a cruise that I booked direct with RC last week. Considering transferring from RC to a new TA.

I know any changes I wish to make going forward would have to be made through the TA... Am I still able to make payments through my "my cruises" account with RC or do I have to make the payment direct to the TA?

I always book direct but found a TA that has a great offer. I'm leary of handing over credit card info to a small online agency that I haven't done business with before. They have good reviews, but it is a mom & pop agency.

Payments have to through your TA, but you can book your shore excursions and other add ons directly.

I use a small agency and have never had a problem...and they are very responsive...I use to hold on to my reservation until close to final payment, but you can't do that anymore if you book way early

We use a small local agency and I have been making payments to them. I go in each month and make a payment. They have the card for maybe 30 seconds. They do make an imprint of the card but that protects them and me. They actually make the payment on-line with RC. I usually get my updated invoice from RC before I leave the agency.

I don't know if this helps, but it is our experience.

They actually make the payment on-line with RC. I usually get my updated invoice from RC before I leave the agency.

I don't know if this helps, but it is our experience.

I'm dealing with them online... but this is what the agencies written policy states they will do as well.

I also like the fact that they have a written policy for price drops, agency fee's (none, including cancellations) and just about anything else I could think of.

Keep in mind that since you booked direct with RCI, you now have 60 days from the booking date to transfer to a TA. If you do not transfer within that time frame, the booking will stay with RCI.

From the RCI FAQ......

After You Purchase

Q: Can I transfer my reservation to a travel agent if I purchased my cruise directly from Royal Caribbean? s.gif

A: Bookings may only be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full. If a booking has a ChoiceAir ticket and the transfer request involves a change in currency we cannot accommodate a transfer. If you would like to transfer your reservation to a Travel Agent, please complete this form and return to us via fax.

Archived