How many formal nights on 12 nt. cruise

caribcruiser176

We are looking forward to our first 12 night Baltic cruise onboard the Constellation July 31-Aug 12. This will be our longest cruise and I was wondering if there would be more than the usual 2 formal nights we've experienced on the 7 night cruises.

We are looking forward to our first 12 night Baltic cruise onboard the Constellation July 31-Aug 12. This will be our longest cruise and I was wondering if there would be more than the usual 2 formal nights we've experienced on the 7 night cruises.

There will be three...

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Dress+Code&faqId=478&faqSubjectId=55

On our 12 night Mediterranean cruise we had 2 formal nights. The first one was specified "cocktail" attire, not formal, but this may have been an unusual occurrance. There was a problem with the laundry service and they were not accepting any items for washing, dry cleaning, or even pressing. Otherwise we'd probably have had the regular 3 formal nights.

On our 12 night Mediterranean cruise we had 2 formal nights. The first one was specified "cocktail" attire, not formal, but this may have been an unusual occurrance. There was a problem with the laundry service and they were not accepting any items for washing, dry cleaning, or even pressing. Otherwise we'd probably have had the regular 3 formal nights.

That was true of our June 16th Med cruise too. It surprised me as I expected 3. I am thinking with all those 12 hour port days it was just more sensible to make it only 2. We did have 3 sea days, but the first 2 were together at the beginning of the cruise-2 formal nights in a roll most would not want- which is why we had only 2 I think.

With those long port days we did not do dinner in the dining room as often as usual. We went to specialties two nights, ordered room service one night, did the garden cafe two nights, and tried out the Bistro on Five for dinner one night. Of course we picked the Bistro on Five thinking it would be quicker, as we were tired, but they took just as long. It was also deserted in there that night, only one other couple besides us. I think if they had offered an option not quite so formal on the evening of the long port days, more would go there.

Hi Momofmeg nice to see you back. As to the number of formal nights we have been on a few 12 night cruises on X and other lines(Carnaval,N.C.L.and R.C.C.L) and never had 3 formals . Also on a crossing were it wuuld have made sense to have 3 they did not. I often see people on this site claim there will be 3 . Maybe some do but I think most do not. I wonder why some would and some would not . I agree in Europe it makes little sense since there are so many port days. Has any one out there had 3?

I often see people on this site claim there will be 3 . Maybe some do but I think most do not. I wonder why some would and some would not . I agree in Europe it makes little sense since there are so many port days. Has any one out there had 3?

During our 12 night Venice to Barcelona cruise aboard Millennium (2007), we had 3 formal nights: Night #2 (Venice), Night #7 (at sea), and Night #11 (Villefranche).

During our 12 night Venice to Barcelona cruise aboard Millennium (2007), we had 3 formal nights: Night #2 (Venice), Night #7 (at sea), and Night #11 (Villefranche).

In 2007 on our 12 night Connie Ta we had 3 also. I think maybe this is something new. As I said, we expected to have 3 formal nights last month but we only had 2. we also thought since we left Venice at 1p.m. that that would be our third formal night. We were wrong.

Just off the Constellation and our 12 night cruise had 3 formal nights.

Hi Momofmeg nice to see you back. As to the number of formal nights we have been on a few 12 night cruises on X and other lines(Carnaval,N.C.L.and R.C.C.L) and never had 3 formals . Also on a crossing were it wuuld have made sense to have 3 they did not. I often see people on this site claim there will be 3 . Maybe some do but I think most do not. I wonder why some would and some would not . I agree in Europe it makes little sense since there are so many port days. Has any one out there had 3?

Dolittle, we did a 10 night on HAL Zuiderdam almost 3 years ago and we had 3 formal nights, I would not be surprised though if they have cut back on formal nights too. Back in 2007, we had 3 on the Connie 12 night TA, plus 3 "informal" nights which meant you dressed up more than smart casual; what we used to call semi-formal-but Celebrity called it informal. No more informal nights on Celebrity and "formal" seems to mean what "informal" used to mean. I think it is a "sign of the times"-people just do not want to carry multiples of dressy clothing when flying.

Now personally, I still dressed up when we went to both Murano's and Tuscan Grille. However I brought some dressy items that were jersey knit- that took up little room in the suitcase and did not wrinkle. We had some of hubby's dress shirts pressed and later cleaned during the cruise so he was able to dress up a notch right along with me. We did this by choice though, and of course when we ate in the casual buffet on deck 14 we did not dress up at all.

Solstice Barcelona to Venice and return, we had 2 formal nights and one "cocktail night". We were in AQ so it really didn't matter. We dressed for the 2 formal nights. As we are now retired, our cruise is the once yearly Tux and Gown affair. Surprisingly, we miss getting dressed up, and enjoy doing so on our cruises.

Solstice Barcelona to Venice and return, we had 2 formal nights and one "cocktail night". We were in AQ so it really didn't matter. We dressed for the 2 formal nights. As we are now retired, our cruise is the once yearly Tux and Gown affair. Surprisingly, we miss getting dressed up, and enjoy doing so on our cruises.

What date cruise were you on? We had no cocktail night June 16-28 2012.

Yes, on X. How many formal nights for 17 and 18 day cruises?

Still only 3 formal nights. As has been mentioned, some of the longer itineraries have adjusted the formal nights down to 2 instead of 3. We have had this happen on several of our recent cruises...both transatlantic and deep Caribbean.

It would appear that Celebrity might be slowly phasing them out since the only place formal dress is "required" is the main dining room. No longer do they ask for folks to remain formal for the rest of the evening venues.

Oxo, which Celebrity itineraries are 17 or 18 days? Those are very rare!!

On X?

Yes, on X. How many formal nights for 17 and 18 day cruises?

Some of the Asia/South Pacific/Transpacific cruises are 17, 18, 19 or 20 days. There's even one repositioning Panama Canal cruise from Seattle to Ft Lauderdale that is 17 days.

Some of the Asia/South Pacific/Transpacific cruises are 17, 18, 19 or 20 days. There's even one repositioning Panama Canal cruise from Seattle to Ft Lauderdale that is 17 days.

Ahhhh...I forgot about Asia! We don't look at those itineraries because of the looong flights. Thanks! :)

We did a 17 day Panama Canal on Infinity last September, but that's the longest we have sailed without it being back to back. We did have 3 formal nights on that cruise.

Still only 3 formal nights. As has been mentioned, some of the longer itineraries have adjusted the formal nights down to 2 instead of 3. We have had this happen on several of our recent cruises...both transatlantic and deep Caribbean.

It would appear that Celebrity might be slowly phasing them out since the only place formal dress is "required" is the main dining room. No longer do they ask for folks to remain formal for the rest of the evening venues.

Oxo, which Celebrity itineraries are 17 or 18 days? Those are very rare!!

Australia & New Zealand 2013.

Australia & New Zealand 2013.

:D I guess I have blinders on when looking at itineraries! LOL!

I just looked up the dress code on the Celebrity web site and it has changed! I stand corrected on the number of formal nights. It now lists "16+days...formal 4"

I wonder if that will really be the case since other itineraries have reduced the formal nights? Time will tell.

:D I guess I have blinders on when looking at itineraries! LOL!

I just looked up the dress code on the Celebrity web site and it has changed! I stand corrected on the number of formal nights. It now lists "16+days...formal 4"

I wonder if that will really be the case since other itineraries have reduced the formal nights? Time will tell.

Thanks for the info. Where did you find that it is now 4 Formals? X's site is sure not user friendly. LOL

Thanks for the info. Where did you find that it is now 4 Formals? X's site is sure not user friendly. LOL

Sheesh! It's the usual Celebrity right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing! Take your choice. :D

It's listed both ways! Posting screen shots and links to both...

Celebrity dress code Click on the 5th choice from the bottom

"How many formal and smart casual and above nights are there on my sailing?" This one says 3

dresscode1.jpg

The other one is here... this one says 4!

Cruise Dining: Cruise Ship Dining Options | Celebrity Cruises

dresscode2.jpg

We cruised 12 days in March out of Bayonne NJ, and we had 3 formal nights. The middlr of the 3 was billed as Cocktail on the daily newsletter while the other 2 were billed as Formal.

The night we left Venice we ate in the Tuscan Grille. Maybe I just missed that in the daily paper? Oh well, we were still dressed up-by choice.

Archived