How many formal nights on 12 nt. cruise

caribcruiser176

Dear Guests

There are 4 formal night on a 16 day cruise. Please see our FAQs for information on the number of formal nights.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Dress+Code&faqId=479&faqSubjectId=55

Thanks

Celebrity Cruises

Why do some 12 day cruises have 3 formal nights and some only 2?

Dear Guests

There are 4 formal night on a 16 day cruise. Please see our FAQs for information on the number of formal nights.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Dress+Code&faqId=479&faqSubjectId=55

Thanks

Celebrity Cruises

That is very nice of you to come to the boards to provide definitive answers :D.

We just returned from an 11-night Italy and Croatia cruise (fabulous!) on the Silhouette, and there were three formal nights, although we were only expecting two as per the Celebrity guidelines. During a wide-ranging conversation on board the ship, I was told by a member of staff that it was ultimately up to the Master to decide how many formal nights there would be on any given itinerary.

The formal nights on this cruise were on evenings 3, 7 and 9. Although this cruise had 2 sea days, the last two formal nights were on port days, i.e. Malta (6:00 pm departure) and Split (5:00 pm departure).

That is very nice of you to come to the boards to provide definitive answers :D.

We just returned from an 11-night Italy and Croatia cruise (fabulous!) on the Silhouette, and there were three formal nights, although we were only expecting two as per the Celebrity guidelines. During a wide-ranging conversation on board the ship, I was told by a member of staff that it was ultimately up to the Master to decide how many formal nights there would be on any given itinerary.

The formal nights on this cruise were on evenings 3, 7 and 9. Although this cruise had 2 sea days, the last two formal nights were on port days, i.e. Malta (6:00 pm departure) and Split (5:00 pm departure).

Same info was provided in post #2 of this thread..

Same info was provided in post #2 of this thread..

Sorry, Don, but the point that I was making is different.

We sailed on an 11-night cruise (Silhouette, June 24th, 2012), which is normally scheduled to have 2 formal nights, but instead we had 3 formal nights.

No one knew ahead of time, and were surprised to have 3 formal nights, but no one seemed concerned, and just recycled one of their two formal outfits or found another venue to enjoy dinner ;).

Archived