New to ventura

c gazzzer

Thinking of booking a cruise on the Ventura to the carribean in November.Could any one tell me do you get a bill for your tips, do you know bar prices. Is the tips added to your bar prices, IE if the pint of larger is £3.50 is that the price including your tip or is there a % to add to it.

We have only been on 2 other cruise ship companys before, Thomsons and ocean village and both where great, but tips where included and bar prices where very reasonable.

Also where is the best place to have your cabin and are inside cabins of a descent size as I'm thinking I'll not need to pay extra for an out side room as we will only be in it to get dressed and sleep in. Many thanks and I hope you can help.

PS more questions to come if I book it LOL....

Welcome to Cruise Critic C Gazzer.

The price you see for any drinks is the price you pay. They don't add the 15% on top like the US lines. P&O have introduced auto-tipping now so the cabin steward and dining room staff tips will be added on to your onboard bill at the end of the cruise, although you have to option to have these removed and pay them yourself in person.

Inside cabins are the same size as outside twins - perfectly adequate for sleeping and changing IMO.

Any more questions - ask away. I have some pictures of Ventura here

P&O's bar prices are quite reasonable and the price you see on the menu is the price you pay. Nothing is added on. There is also duty free available at very good prices.

The auto tip is £3.10 per person per day is added lot your account but you can remove it should you wish. However, this covers your cabin steward and restaurant waiters and is only a small amount for what they do.

An inside cabin is the same size as an outside cabin. It just does not have a window. The Ventura cabins are larger than most and have air con, fridge, TV, safe, and kettle, tea and coffee provided.

Brian

Thinking of booking a cruise on the Ventura to the carribean in November.Could any one tell me do you get a bill for your tips, do you know bar prices. Is the tips added to your bar prices, IE if the pint of larger is £3.50 is that the price including your tip or is there a % to add to it.

We have only been on 2 other cruise ship companys before, Thomsons and ocean village and both where great, but tips where included and bar prices where very reasonable.

Also where is the best place to have your cabin and are inside cabins of a descent size as I'm thinking I'll not need to pay extra for an out side room as we will only be in it to get dressed and sleep in. Many thanks and I hope you can help.

PS more questions to come if I book it LOL....

you should be quite happy with a inside cabin and all cabins have fridge, free safe, TV, free tea making facilities, free biscuits and sweets, air con etc.

The images are of B249 which I found nice and quiet, I have booked B249 again for my September cruise on Ventura.

No extras added to your drinks bill. The bar staff already get tips so i suppose there is a hidden service charge in the price of the drink. i know the bar staff prefer the busier bars as they get more pay.

Ventura B249 01.pdf

Ventura B249 02.pdf

Ventura B249 03.pdf

Ventura B249 04.pdf

Ventura B249 05.pdf

Welcome to Cruise Critic C Gazzer.

The price you see for any drinks is the price you pay. They don't add the 15% on top like the US lines. P&O have introduced auto-tipping now so the cabin steward and dining room staff tips will be added on to your onboard bill at the end of the cruise, although you have to option to have these removed and pay them yourself in person.

Inside cabins are the same size as outside twins - perfectly adequate for sleeping and changing IMO.

Any more questions - ask away. I have some pictures of Ventura here

I'd forgotten they don't add 15% on top of drinks! What a bonus, last 4 cruises we have had that and it does make a BIG difference.

Just about to book Ventura for January, lovely pictures Sharon nice to see what we have instore.

Thanks all, well we have picked the trip. It's from Southampton to carribean then cruise around the islands for 12 days, in total 21 days. We fly back to Manchester. We live in the northeast so am thinking flying down to Southampton and get a train back from Manchester to newcastle when we get back.

I'll be asking loads of questions as to how best I can enjoy and make the most of this trip, glad your there to give me a bit of your experiences. Thanks again and speek to you soon....

Another option worth looking at but maybe not as good. P&O run a free coach service from Manchester airport to Southampton on departure day so you could park at the airport and have your car when you get back. The coaches will leave around 8-9am. There is no charge for the coach but you need to book so they know the numbers and how many coaches to put on.

Brian

I was offered that but it would meen driving to Manchester, pay for the car to be parked in a airport car park for 22 or so days may be stay in a hotel the night before and then when we got back have to drive home which would take about 3 to 4 hrs. Aeroplane from Newcastle to Southampton is £55 one way each and train back to Durham or Newcastle is £30ish each. so it adds up to £170 all in and No driving. Does that seem ok. Has any one got any better ideas or better forms of transport.

Approx £53 to park car around Manchester airport just google the car parks. Motel accomodation available booked in advance at quite competitive rates. But of course you have to factor in your fuel costs.

Have checked it out and we can get to manchester and stay over for less than the plane and train method. This will be better as if the plane was to cancelled on the morning then we wold have no time to get down to Southampton in time to catch the ship on the day, so will pre book our car into a hotel at Manchester airport on the Thurday and get the free coach down to the port the following day, thanks for advice..

Archived