Request cabana # through email?

mom2girlsVT

Use your own interperetation of leftover.

My interperetation is someone boarding early to pick a cabana, but all that's left is end ones for example.

You are selecting cabana of choice . What if you boarded thinking you got there early to find that selection already gone, and maybe selection 2 or 3 gone also?

So, if none of them are leftovers, why must you reserve way ahead? This should be a public knowledge, not hidden in CC.

You're right about the big secret, it should be a drop down menu when you purchase with the available cabanas, no guessing, it's all right there. Unfortunately it's not that way yet, and we have to play the hand we are dealt.

You're right about the big secret, it should be a drop down menu when you purchase with the available cabanas, no guessing, it's all right there. Unfortunately it's not that way yet, and we have to play the hand we are dealt.

I agree that you should be able to book a specific cabana upon initial reservation. It's not fair to have a reservation 12 months out and then arrive late to board the ship and have no opportunity at all of getting a cabana in your preferred location. I usually book things early specifically so that I get what I want - specific cabin, seat at a sporting event or concert, motel room, etc. and a cabana is no different - why can't you pick the one you want when you reserve?

I booked our cabana 17 months in advance (they were all sold out with 12 months still to go) and luckily saw the thread about emailing so was able to get our preferred cabana. I would not have been too pleased had I arrived at the ship early with the sole intention of being one of the first to pick a cabana only to find that the best ones had been reserved ahead of time.

Keep in mind, per John Heald's FB page the other day, that the shore excursion folks are NOT supposed to be doing this, and it will be coming to an end shortly. Once that happens, everyone will have to get their cabana assigned to them once aboard the ship.

I wish they'd do it the way HAL does...

So if we've gotten a number, we'll lose it?? That stinks if we lose it

Shawn

Use your own interperetation of leftover.

My interperetation is someone boarding early to pick a cabana, but all that's left is end ones for example.

You are selecting cabana of choice . What if you boarded thinking you got there early to find that selection already gone, and maybe selection 2 or 3 gone also?

So, if none of them are leftovers, why must you reserve way ahead? This should be a public knowledge, not hidden in CC.

From what I've read, the cabanas are usually sold way before people board their ship. So for anyone who waits until they get on board, they aren't getting a cabana anyways. But for people who book and pay for their excursions in advance, its not some hidden secret buried on cruise critic. This being able to request the number is just new to here. HAL reservations have cabins assigned in advance, so it's weird why Carnival doesnt.

Shawn

Archived