Request cabana # through email?

mom2girlsVT

Can you request a specific cabana number somehow in advance before boarding the ship? I thought I read somewhere that someone sent an email and was granted the specific # that they wanted. Can't find it though. Not sure who to email???

I thought you had to book them ahead of time by calling.. but who knows.. but I would call and book with someone, not send a email if I wanted a specific cabana. If you call the toll free number, surely they know who to transfer you to?

Another poster on another thread posted the email link to reserve a cabana number. I skeptically tried it and to my surprise I got a confirmation email from Carnival reserving the cabana I asked for. You have to have your booking number.

Keep in mind, per John Heald's FB page the other day, that the shore excursion folks are NOT supposed to be doing this, and it will be coming to an end shortly. Once that happens, everyone will have to get their cabana assigned to them once aboard the ship.

I wish they'd do it the way HAL does...

Keep in mind, per John Heald's FB page the other day, that the shore excursion folks are NOT supposed to be doing this, and it will be coming to an end shortly. Once that happens, everyone will have to get their cabana assigned to them once aboard the ship.

I wish they'd do it the way HAL does...

I've not booked a cabana. I personally think reserving a specific cabana ahead of time is unfair to others who must book the "leftovers" when they board, not knowing about this practice. If you reserve a tour, can you reserve a specific seat on that tour bus? Don't think so.

Without getting into the debate about what is right and what is wrong, I sent my email request last night, and received a confirmation for my cabana number that i requested. I found out by reading posts here and was lucky enough to stumble on to it. Just a little effort and everyone will be able to find the ifo and have equal opportunity to reserve early.

Canjay95,

We are on the Destiny July 23rd also. How long did it take to receive confirmation? I emailed shore excursions this morning. Asked for #12, hope that is not yours ;). If so, I do have several backups. See you in 10 days!

BTW, have you been on the roll call recently? Some folks are setting up a snorkeling excursion in GT, I believe. Also taliking about getting together on board for a meet and greet.

I, too, thought you had to wait until you were onboard to make your selection, but I sent the email (my first choice was taken) and they responded back within the hour. Second choice was available. They have never responded this quick to any other issue I've emailed about! I find it strange that you don't make your selection during the booking process....

I sent my email at 10am this morning and by 1pm I had a confirmation email for the Cabana I requested. Once less thing for me to worry about.:)

is this for your 7/23 cruise?

I dont know why but I thought Cabanas sold out months ahead..?

ohhh you probably booked it forever ago.. and are just now getting the number...

nevermind... dont mind me..... I got it !

Can someone assist as to pros and cons on specific cabanas? I know the higher number are in a more secluded part of the beach, which number does this start at? Also how far are they form the bathrooms, and barbecue? I do nto want tons of people sitting in fornt of my cabana if possible, only becaus eof the htreads that state people use your shower, etc... but have no idea what number to choose.

Cabanas 1-5 are closest to where you disembark from the tender. They are also closer to the childrens area and shop(s). Cabana #5 is practically on top of the pirate ship bar. For some that is a very big plus, others a deterrent.

After the pirate ship bar you will find 6-15. Although 6 is on the other side of the priate ship bar it is not as close to the bar as 5. Cabana 9 is directly in front of the restrooms. Again great for some but you are in the path of all those using the facilities which for others would be a negative.

Personally, I like 10 - 15. We have 12 and I picked that one over the others in this group because it is yellow and seemed so bright! So as you can see it all depends on what you like. If you like to be near the music and drinks reserve 5 or 6. If you have little ones, have mobility issues and love lots of people stay near the entrance in 1 - 4. If you like seclusion go to 10-15.

Youtube has some great video tours done by past cruisers. Definitely check them out. Also, google HMC cabanas for photos of each unit.

Hannahsmomtoo:

I'm sorry I didn't clarify. We booked the cabana in early April when there were only two available. I was under the impression that you must wait until you board and then go to the services desk to choose your cabana. I did all sorts of research and had a list of my top 5 units in case my first choices were already booked. Then last night I read this thread and emailed shoreexcursions@carnival.com and viola I am confirmed for cabana #12.

I love CC! I have learned so much and have met some great people. Planning is fun but CC made it almost as great as the cruise itself!!!:D

Hannahsmomtoo:

I'm sorry I didn't clarify. We booked the cabana in early April when there were only two available. I was under the impression that you must wait until you board and then go to the services desk to choose your cabana. I did all sorts of research and had a list of my top 5 units in case my first choices were already booked. Then last night I read this thread and emailed shoreexcursions@carnival.com and viola I am confirmed for cabana #12.

I love CC! I have learned so much and have met some great people. Planning is fun but CC made it almost as great as the cruise itself!!!:D

Thanks for the clarification!

I've not booked a cabana. I personally think reserving a specific cabana ahead of time is unfair to others who must book the "leftovers" when they board, not knowing about this practice. If you reserve a tour, can you reserve a specific seat on that tour bus? Don't think so.

There are not a lot of cabanas, and I don't think any of them are "leftovers".

There are not a lot of cabanas, and I don't think any of them are "leftovers".

Use your own interperetation of leftover.

My interperetation is someone boarding early to pick a cabana, but all that's left is end ones for example.

You are selecting cabana of choice . What if you boarded thinking you got there early to find that selection already gone, and maybe selection 2 or 3 gone also?

So, if none of them are leftovers, why must you reserve way ahead? This should be a public knowledge, not hidden in CC.

Archived