Sweatshirt or Jacket or Coat???

ginger123snaps

If I were you, I'd bring all three. I am from the Pacific Northwest and we are having a chilly, wet Spring. This week it has been warmer in Alaska than here in Oregon, but next week it is supposed to switch, and Alaska will have the rain and we will dry out. The heavy coat is good for when you cruise near the glaciers...those icebergs aren't floating in the water because it is warm! Also if you are on any shore excursions where you are in the out doors or on a glacier, it is just plain cold. A light jacket or a sweatshirt are both usesful as well...from just being chilly...to taking along if it is a sunny, but chilly day. Gloves are insurance. Don't take up too much room, and nice to have if you need them. Just my .02 worth!

mzoom

From everything I've read and researched, you won't need a HEAVY coat. Everyone keeps talking about layers...layers...layers. You can layer a turtleneck, fleece vest and lightweight jacket, then just peel off the layers if you get warm. Supposedly the port cities will be nice, not cold, but it does get cold around the glaciers. I agree with the above posters, gloves are easy to pack and you'll probably want them.

Amanda:D

You definately need the jacket and sweatshirt. Layers are the key. Knit hat and gloves also a must as is rain gear. You will have a wide range of weather possibilities. Be prepared, and note all the other passengers who are not. :(

Archived