Cruising to Alaska with 6 month old

jallen109

Hello,

My DH and I are going to Alaska on the Disney Wonder at the end of August. We will be traveling with our 6 month old son. Are we crazy? I have no idea how to pack for him. Any tips? Also, has anyone used the "baby travel lite" program? Do they supply baby water? Finally, should we use the nursery to babysit so we can see all of the shows or do other people take their very young infants to them? We would like to see if he gets excited by the shows but at the same time he might be noisy and we don't want to disturb other viewers.

Thanks,

Jaime

You pack what you need. Which will be a lot, what with bottles, cleaning supplies, formula, etc.

What's "baby water"?

I'd take him to the nursery so you can enjoy the shows. I mean, Disney is obviously kid friendly, but I think taking a 6 month old to the show is going too far.

Don't forget Diapers and Tylenol :p

Baby formula and feeding bottles with disposable fillers.

http://www.amazon.com/Playtex-Pack-Nurser-Ounce-Colors/dp/B0006FHBB0/ref=pd_cp_ba_2

That way you won't have to wash bottles. They come in 4 and 8 oz sizes. Rubber nipples are easy to just wash with hot water from the tap.

Baby sitting service will be available in the kids club.

I see plenty of naps on this cruise.....which may not be a bad thing. Alaskan weather can be like New England. Just wait a minute and it will change.;) Pack a little bit of everything plus all the babay crap that I thank the Lord we don't have to lug around anymore. Happy Cruising:)

Don't forget Diapers and Tylenol :p

Baby formula and feeding bottles with disposable fillers.

http://www.amazon.com/Playtex-Pack-Nurser-Ounce-Colors/dp/B0006FHBB0/ref=pd_cp_ba_2

That way you won't have to wash bottles. They come in 4 and 8 oz sizes. Rubber nipples are easy to just wash with hot water from the tap.

Baby sitting service will be available in the kids club.

Gary from PA- you are a genius! The less bottle washing I have to do on vacation the better! Thanks!

You pack what you need. Which will be a lot, what with bottles, cleaning supplies, formula, etc.

What's "baby water"?

I'd take him to the nursery so you can enjoy the shows. I mean, Disney is obviously kid friendly, but I think taking a 6 month old to the show is going too far.

I just started giving my son formula and when I was in Babies R Us, they sell gallon jugs of "baby water." I bought it and have been using it, but I guess I will need to ask the pediatrician if I need to use it. From what I have read on the internet, baby water is purified and does not contain too much fluoride which can be harmful in large doses to infants.

We are going to start booking nursery time tonight for the shows...Thanks!

I just started giving my son formula and when I was in Babies R Us, they sell gallon jugs of "baby water." I bought it and have been using it, but I guess I will need to ask the pediatrician if I need to use it. From what I have read on the internet, baby water is purified and does not contain too much fluoride which can be harmful in large doses to infants.

We are going to start booking nursery time tonight for the shows...Thanks!

I will point out that the water onboard the ship is processed the same way as bottled water (reverse osmosis & filtered). It's quite good.

You could ask your pediatrician if there's any difference between baby water and "regular" bottled water that's processes like this.

:)

I will point out that the water onboard the ship is processed the same way as bottled water (reverse osmosis & filtered). It's quite good.

You could ask your pediatrician if there's any difference between baby water and "regular" bottled water that's processes like this.

:)

All of the domestic water on all cruise ships is "halogenated" with chlorine but there's no flouride in it. CDC VSP rules.

Archived