Transfers to Florence

dustball

I have searched the Internet and forums, but I have not found a company doing simple transfers (not tour) to Florence? We know the train would be easy, but are preferring to do a taxi or private transfer. We also prefer a company for ease of mind that the return will happen as scheduled.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be very much appreciated!!!!

Does your ship offer a "do it yourself" basic transfer? We were on the Celebrity Solstice and they had one--straight shoot from Livorno to Florence on the bus. I agree that it's hard to find a private way to Florence that doesn't go through Pisa first.

Thank you! Yes that is our back-up plan..

There is one, but it is $99USD pp and we would probably have more time

in Florence with a private transfer (and it could be less expensive as well)

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know....

Thank you! Yes that is our back-up plan..

There is one, but it is $99USD pp and we would probably have more time

in Florence with a private transfer (and it could be less expensive as well).

I kind of doubt that you're going to find private transfer for less money. $99 equals about 75 - 80 Euro; even if you put four people in the car, that's only 300 - 320 Euro for a full day (the driver is stuck in Florence for the day, even if they aren't driving you around). What are the car services quoting for a day?

By the way, the difference between a transfer and a tour in this situation is negligible. The "tour" portion is a driving chatting while driving, she/he can't leave the car and take you anywhere.

Another option would be to rent a car and drive yourself. The drive to Florence is pretty straightforward, until you get there. The ZTL makes it more challenging, but you can avoid it if you do some research ahead of time. The easiest thing is to park at one of the train stations.

If you decide to drive, you can rent a mini-van and drive to the Villa Costanza station of the new T1 tram line, where there is parking. It's a little over 50 miles from the port, and most of that 45+ miles, is on the Livorno/Firenze highway, so it's easy driving.

It takes a little longer, and is a bit more difficult, to simply drive to the Santa Maria Novella train station and park underground there. It's a huge lot and you can walk everywhere in Florence from there, avoiding the need for any secondary transportation.

Archived