Sil 1206 & 1208

Orator

We were in 1206 on our cruise in January. Great location near the atrium elevators.

Very quiet. No noise from either the pool deck above or coming in from the atrium even at night when there's music playing down below.

The hump balcony is oversized. I forget if we had 2 loungers or regular chairs with footrests, but either way there was plenty of room to spread out. A small round table is also provided.

I will warn you that it is totally shaded because of the large overhang. Some consider that a drawback, but I prefer to stay out of the sun when I can. It's also totally private unless you're toward the front of the balcony because of the angle.

The cabin is about what I'd expect from a balcony cabin. Large enough for 2 but defintiely not as spacious as a smaller suite (mini, junior, etc).

The only criticism I had was that I did think there could have been more storage space. No a lot of drawers and the closet was a bit small of you're on a longer cruise. Ours was 12 days and could definitely have used more closet space. It was also a little hard to get into. There's a very narrow space between the closet and the couch so you really have to squeeze to get into it.

Bathroom was terrific. Larger than your typical cruise ship bathroom and certainly no lack of storage space in there. Lots of shelves and drawers to store all your toiletries and sundries.

We were in 1206 on our cruise in January. Great location near the atrium elevators.

Very quiet. No noise from either the pool deck above or coming in from the atrium even at night when there's music playing down below.

The hump balcony is oversized. I forget if we had 2 loungers or regular chairs with footrests, but either way there was plenty of room to spread out. A small round table is also provided.

I will warn you that it is totally shaded because of the large overhang. Some consider that a drawback, but I prefer to stay out of the sun when I can. It's also totally private unless you're toward the front of the balcony because of the angle.

The cabin is about what I'd expect from a balcony cabin. Large enough for 2 but defintiely not as spacious as a smaller suite (mini, junior, etc).

The only criticism I had was that I did think there could have been more storage space. No a lot of drawers and the closet was a bit small of you're on a longer cruise. Ours was 12 days and could definitely have used more closet space. It was also a little hard to get into. There's a very narrow space between the closet and the couch so you really have to squeeze to get into it.

Bathroom was terrific. Larger than your typical cruise ship bathroom and certainly no lack of storage space in there. Lots of shelves and drawers to store all your toiletries and sundries.

Thank you for your response. Were you on Silhouette? 1206 is an Aft cabin and I don't believe it is on an angle.

Hey! :) Check out the most recent edition of the spreadsheet. It has 6 entries for 1206 for Solstice & Eclipse (but none for 1208 :()

S Class Cabins 7-10-2012

Thanks. Did that, but no comments for Silhouette. They added aft cabins and that changed the cabin numbers for larger balcony size. Same will be true for Reflection. In this case the cabin comments on the Sticky for other S Class ships can be misleading.

Thanks. Did that, but no comments for Silhouette. They added aft cabins and that changed the cabin numbers for larger balcony size. Same will be true for Reflection. In this case the cabin comments on the Sticky for other S Class ships can be misleading.

Glad to know that about the 2 newest ships! Thanks! :)

1206 and 1208 on the deck plans are center aft on Equinox and Eclipse, and on Silly they are moved over a little bit to the starboard side aft. They are connecting cabins on all three ships. On Reflection, they are an inside and C3 across from each other.

Other than that, I can imagine they are all the exact same on Equinox, Eclipse, and Silly.

1206 and 1208 on the deck plans are center aft on Equinox and Eclipse, and on Silly they are moved over a little bit to the starboard side aft. They are connecting cabins on all three ships. On Reflection, they are an inside and C3 across from each other.

Other than that, I can imagine they are all the exact same on Equinox, Eclipse, and Silly.

Some of the aft cabins have a slightly larger balcony. Are either 1206 or 1208 one of the larger ones?. DW loves extra space. the inside size and configuration of the cabins are the same in all S Class ships. I'm currently in 1674 and wondering if a switch is in order.

Some of the aft cabins have a slightly larger balcony. Are either 1206 or 1208 one of the larger ones?. DW loves extra space. the inside size and configuration of the cabins are the same in all S Class ships. I'm currently in 1674 and wondering if a switch is in order.

OK, I see what you mean now -- didn't get that from your original post. Maybe you could find a picture of the aft section. I recall seeing it somewhere on the boards. Then you could match it up. I thought there were in the middle aft section, but not sure.

Here is a picture of the Solstice. It looks like 1206 (1202 on the Solstice), on the Silhouette, would have the larger balconey.

SolsticeNumberedSternCabins.jpg

Picture is very helpful. The numbers are different on the two ships. What is 1200 on Solstice is 1204 on Silhouette. Makes things a bit confusing at first. 1206 might be slightly larger.

Picture is very helpful. The numbers are different on the two ships. What is 1200 on Solstice is 1204 on Silhouette. Makes things a bit confusing at first. 1206 might be slightly larger.

On all S-class ships.Count the 4th from the Right.Its the biggest Balcony C1 Cabins on Aft.

Hope this help:)

On all S-class ships.Count the 4th from the Right.Its the biggest Balcony C1 Cabins on Aft.

Hope this help:)

Does that make the stateroom larger (wider) also. I know on the M-Class the wider balconies back aft are the handicapped, and the room is wider also.

The answer is NO.

Same size as other staterooms.

The reason I asked is on the M-Class 9164, 8176, and 7212 in the photo below have wider balconies. They are handicapped rooms and the balcony is wider because the room is also wider.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22488891&postcount=2

If the room is now larger, I wonder what's in the extra space. :confused:

The reason I asked is on the M-Class 9164, 8176, and 7212 in the photo below have wider balconies. They are handicapped rooms and the balcony is wider because the room is also wider.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22488891&postcount=2

If the room is now larger, I wonder what's in the extra space. :confused:

There Is a store room next to that cabin on the right side and the left side is connected to another stateroom.

Archived