Full day in Seattle- need luggage storage & transfer ideas!

tflag

Excited for our Star Princess cruise Aug. 5th! My mom and I have a Seattle red-eye (10pm) departure back to Charlotte on Sunday Aug. 12th. Any ideas where to store luggage? The cruise terminal concierge only holds baggage til 3:30pm. Also, do you know how long the ship to airport transfers go throughout the day? We have this transfer included.

I know there are some Seattle excursions Princess offers- tours around Seattle and a wine tour. Any other exploration ideas for this full day is appreciated.

Thank you!!

You might want to see if Princess offers a service called 'Luggage Direct'. For $19 per person, you can have one or two of your bags (pp) picked up the final night of your cruise (usually by 11pm) and then they transport them to the airport for you and you never see them again until you pick them up at your final destination airport. In addition, you receive your boarding pass in your cabin the night before so you don't even have to check-in at the airport, just go through screening and to your gate. You still have to pay the airline baggage fees. DW and I have used this service twice and found it to be the best $19 we spent on the entire cruise. We've even taken shore excursions after disembarking and have only had to take our carry-on bag with us; no lugging big suitcases around.

Also, if you're looking to spend more time and do more things in Seattle other than what Princess offers, check out Shuttle Express who offer many different tours and can customize to you liking. Here's there info:

http://www.shuttleexpress.com/tours

Excited for our Star Princess cruise Aug. 5th! My mom and I have a Seattle red-eye (10pm) departure back to Charlotte on Sunday Aug. 12th. Any ideas where to store luggage? The cruise terminal concierge only holds baggage til 3:30pm. Also, do you know how long the ship to airport transfers go throughout the day? We have this transfer included.

I know there are some Seattle excursions Princess offers- tours around Seattle and a wine tour. Any other exploration ideas for this full day is appreciated.

Thank you!!

Take a cab to Seattle's Amtrak King Street Station. They have day luggage storage for $3 a bag. The station is within walking distance of the waterfront, Pike Place market, Pioneer Square etc., spend the day wandering, then head back to the station, get your bags and hop a taxi to the airport.

You should check with Princess on your transfers - my experience with the end of a cruise is the transfers all go to the airport right after disembarkation.

Another option might be to take the transfer to the airport in the morning, check your bags (confirm with airline) and then take light rail back into the city.

Joe

I believe luggage storage at Amtrak is for ticketed passengers only, so you might want to call and verify.

There is no luggage storage facilities in Seattle except at the piers and the airport. Even the Seattle Center/Space Needle doesn't provide any.

Consider renting a car for the day, but don't take it out of the lot until you're ready to drive to the airport. (Parking is $15-$20 a day in Seattle.)The rental would serve 2 functions ... stores your luggage all day and then at 7:30pm it becomes your transfer to the airport. Price it out. Alamo, National and Enterprise have kiosks at the pier.

OR, go to a downtown hotel, say you're too early to check in, and tip the bellman for storing your luggage.

Or, take a transfer to the airport as soon as you disembark, store your luggage, then take the Light Rail back to Seattle $3, 40 minutes. This option will take up 2 hours of your morning, but, it's an option.

I think the car is the best option if you can get a decent price ... you're free of the luggage and ready to explore right away. Visit Pike Place Market, ride the new ferris wheel on the waterfront, visit Scultpture PArk, take the monorail to the Space Needle, see the Chihuly exhibit or king Tut. Lots to do ... depends on your interests and the weather.

Great suggestions! I didn't realize there was light rail to the airport. Also the Luggage Direct option sounds like a great option. I will check out Shuttle Express as well. I had read online to use Amtrack storage you need a ticket. Thank you everyone!

Randy- I don't think my 77 year old mother nor I will cause the ship to go down but you get a couple drinks in her and who knows :)

Thank you!!

Not sure if this would be possible or if you are interested. We will be flying out of Charlotte to Seattle and back to Charlotte from Seattle. We have a 1:10p.m. departure from Seattle. It is non stop arriving in Charlotte at 9:09p.m.

It could (I really fly so little that I do not know that much about changing flights with an airline carrier) maybe be possible to change to this earlier flight and not have the expense of finding something to do in Seattle.

We had this same flight last year. We use the Already There Town Car Service on disembarkment. We were at the airport, checked in and through security with several hours to just "sit and people watch".

We have better than a three hour drive from Charlotte home, so we will stay Sunday night at Country Inn and Suites and drive home on Monday. We are on the July 29 sailing.

Something else to think about....The transfers with Princess for two are $48.00...on a bus. The Town Car service (not a shared ride) is $60.00 plus 20% tip. I think it is really worth the difference....the driver pulls up to the waiting area, loads your luggage, seats you in the back seat of the Lincoln Town Car takes you to the airport, lets you out at your terminal and carries the luggage to the door. Car is spotless clean and the driver has on suit and tie...FIRST CLASS SERVICE. If you are interested call Charlotte at Already There Town Car Service:)

Thank you!!

Star will have you off the ship by 10 am, if not sooner, don't forget new passengers will be boarding by noon.

Luggage, you might consider heading for a downtown hotel, check your luggage with the concierge for ... late check in :), be sure to tip the guy real good when you pick up. Should you consider taking the ship tour ... be sure to find out what time they will leave you at the airport, very possible it could be before 5 pm and you would have a bit of time there. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived