Room decorations/romance package

So DH and I are heading out on a Med. cruise for our anniversary and I am contemplating the "anniversary" room decorations and the romance package (includes sparkling cider, framed photo, cupcakes, petit fours, etc.). Are these items worth the $111 they are going to cost?

Thoughts, comments or opinions?

My husband booked the honeymoon package when we went for our honeymoon. It was a nice surprise but the way the decorations hang can get really annoying, after a day we had to pull everything down. We also had a cake which i wouldnt bother getting again. Its nice to walk in and see but for $111 i would just buy yourself something instead :-)

My husband and I were on the Allure in May. We had the Classic Romance Package.

The first night there was a bottle of Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and cupcakes. They were very sweet, but good. My husband ate the strawberries.

The first formal night we had hors duerves (sp?) and petite fours for dessert.

My husband liked them, but they were a little exotic for me. The dessers were just OK.

I would suggest bringing a stopper for the beverage if you do not finish it the first night.

Don't know if I would do it again, but it was a surprise for my husband and worth it to me.

definitely don't think its worth it....the last few cruises we were on, I brought our own decorations. we were on a Halloween cruise and we decorated the door, we've been on Birthday and Anniversary cruises and I would just bring my own decorations and decorate just the door. don't want too much stuff hanging around the room.

also on our last cruise we got the romance pkg and wasn't impressed with it. The champagne was ok, the chocolate was 4 small pieces...the flowers were a small bouquet (maybe 4 roses) in a very small vase..... save the money and go out to a nice dinner when you get home.!!

I just purchased the Birthday decoration package for my hubby's birthday cruise. I did not choose the one with the cake, just the cabin decorations, for a cost of $31. I think it will be a nice surprise when we get to our cabin, and it is decorated. At least I hope so anyway!! But for $31 I will take that chance! Anything to make my hubby smile..... :)

Room decorations are a matter of personal preference. We had some for a birthday on the last cruise, and they were OK.

The Classic Romance Package seems a good deal to us. We had it one cruise as a treat, then we decided it was a good deal (a framed photo would be about half the package price), so we've had it on each cruise since.

So DH and I are heading out on a Med. cruise for our anniversary and I am contemplating the "anniversary" room decorations and the romance package (includes sparkling cider, framed photo, cupcakes, petit fours, etc.). Are these items worth the $111 they are going to cost?

Thoughts, comments or opinions?

The cupcakes are very good as well as the petit fours. We got the package with the champagne, but it was essentially the same otherwise. We weren't very impressed with the after dinner snacks.

The photo frame is very nice and the room decorations are nice as well.

On our honeymoon back in 2007 we got the honeymoon decoration package and we still have the "Just married" sign that they placed on our stateroom door hanging on our bedroom door. LOL

For $10 or so, you can do it yourself!!!

We just go to Party City (or similar store) and buy our own decorations. We get a coil of magnetic tape from Michael's craft store for a couple of dollars and affix strips of magnet to the back of the decorations. The cabin door and walls are all made of metal that the magnets will stick to.

Back in February, they had a promotion for a free romance package if you booked in that month. We got it and the champagne, roses and chocolates were delivered to the room. But, we do not particularly care for champagne, so we asked if we could "trade it in" for a bottle of wine. They told us that it was no problem as long as the champagne was not opened. An hour later the champagne was gone and a bottle of wine was waiting for us.

i did a birthday package for the wifes 30th and it was a waste. was nice to walk in to cabin & see it decorated but we pulled the stuff down by the 2nd day. package came with a cake that wasnt as good as mdr desert. pretty much a novelty thing. this time we are celebrating her birthday & getting her degree so i am just going to have a bottle of champagne and some choc covered strawberries sent to our room on the last night.

I just purchased the Birthday decoration package for my hubby's birthday cruise. I did not choose the one with the cake, just the cabin decorations, for a cost of $31. I think it will be a nice surprise when we get to our cabin, and it is decorated. At least I hope so anyway!! But for $31 I will take that chance! Anything to make my hubby smile..... :)

I purchased the anniversary decorations for our upcoming cruise. No doubt my husband will be surprised when we get to our cabin. Like you... I'm looking forward to seeing the smile on his face.

Happy cruising!

I purchased the anniversary decorations for our upcoming cruise. No doubt my husband will be surprised when we get to our cabin. Like you... I'm looking forward to seeing the smile on his face.

Happy cruising!

:D :D Even if we take the decorations down the 2nd day, it will be worth it. I am hoping to leave them up all week, at least the door decorations! Have a great cruise!!

We always go for the classic romance package...

Sparkling wine

Cup cakes

Breakfast in bed on one morning

Hor duvres on first formal night

Petit fours on first formal night

1x10 x8 photo

1 silver plated photo frame

Webatevalways happy with the package and it means there is wine chilling in our room when we arrive and a nice framed photo momento to take home, it's also a massive saving on buying items separately

On our last cruisebwebhad our room decorated for our anniversary, it was nice but got fed up ducking and diving past them after a few days.

DW and I did the grand romance package and room decorations. We felt both were worth it. We had a standard inside stateroom and left the decorations up all 7 days of our cruise. They were not annoying at all. We had a door sign as well. The grand romance package includes an 8x10 photo in a silver photo frame as well as a special breakfast in bed that was far better than traditional room service. I agree that the before dinner and after dinner treats on formal nights were a little exotic but still fun to taste. The terry robes you can take with you were nice too. We really enjoyed it!

DW and I did the grand romance package and room decorations. We felt both were worth it. We had a standard inside stateroom and left the decorations up all 7 days of our cruise. They were not annoying at all. We had a door sign as well. The grand romance package includes an 8x10 photo in a silver photo frame as well as a special breakfast in bed that was far better than traditional room service. I agree that the before dinner and after dinner treats on formal nights were a little exotic but still fun to taste. The terry robes you can take with you were nice too. We really enjoyed it!

Terry robes to take home?? Hmm, maybe I better do the Grand romance package instead of the birthday one!! LOL...;)

Edited by Winegirl58

We did our first package for a special birthday for mom and it was a nice addition. We would definitely consider one if their packages if we had a special celebration while on board. Actually being away with the one you love is reason enough. :-)

Enjoy!

I did the Grand Romance package and anniversary decorations and thought it was great. We left the decorations up the entire 7 day cruise and we never thought they were annoying. Also included was an upgraded in room breakfast that had some different items not on the regular room service menu. One thing however is if you are flying and your suitcases are tight to space, keep in mind that you will be bringing back 2 terry cloth robes which are very bulky.

• 5 years later...