Cruises included in the 2012 December Celebration

For Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Members Only

2012 December Celebration

Receive up to Triple Cruise Points ...

Sail onboard any of our innovative cruise ships this December and you’ll receive an even more Royal treatment. As our honored guest during this month-long celebration, you’ll receive invitations to exclusive onboard events and other special surprises.

PLUS You will receive double points on your sailing – triple points if you have booked a suite!

Don’t miss out on this exclusive celebration happening on every ship and every sailing in December.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard again soon.

RESERVE NOW

Note: In addition to the sailings that can be found at the above link, these itineraries are also part of our 2012 December Celebration: Rhapsody of the Seas on 11/29/12, Jewel of the Seas on 11/29/12, Liberty of the Seas on 11/29/12, Monarch of the Seas on 11/30/12, Majesty of the Seas on 11/30/12 and Legend of the Seas on 11/30/12.

Terms and Conditions

* December Celebration events are held during the month of December 2012 and are limited to the Diamond level or higher Crown & Anchor member named on this invitation. Double and Triple Crown & Anchor Cruise Points Offer is applicable to all bookings on any itinerary in the month of December, 2012. Triple cruise points awarded for booking in a suite category and double cruise points for all other stateroom categories.

2012 December Celebration is not combinable with the March Bonus Points promotion. Cruise points awarded after completion of sailing. Booking must contain the member's Crown & Anchor membership number to qualify member for the events and points offer. Events and other rewards may vary by sailing and are subject to change without notice. Offer is non-transferable. © 2012 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registry: Bahamas.

Thanks Patti. Was this an email, or something on Royal's website?

Bob

I found this on the C&A section of the RCI website. I had to log in to get the listing of cruises.

Figured I'd do it now since they are doing an update of the C&A web over the weekend and we all know what that means on Monday!??:D

So it looks like they are not including a couple of TA's that start in Nov and end in Dec. Indy starts on Nov 22 and ends on Dec 5. Splendour starts on Nov 24 and ends on Dec 9. If my memory serves, in the past they excluded cruises that ended on Dec 1, but allowed cruises that extended beyond Dec 1. They may be tightening up on that this year if they exclude the 2 TA's I listed above.

It also raises another question re: the march promotion that gave you a bonus point. I hope you get to take the diamond promotion instead, but the wording isn't clear.

I'm guessing that you can choose the extra points from the March promo, or the extra points from the December celebration, whichever works out best. You just can't have extra points from both of the promos.

So it looks like they are not including a couple of TA's that start in Nov and end in Dec. Indy starts on Nov 22 and ends on Dec 5. Splendour starts on Nov 24 and ends on Dec 9. If my memory serves, in the past they excluded cruises that ended on Dec 1, but allowed cruises that extended beyond Dec 1. They may be tightening up on that this year if they exclude the 2 TA's I listed above.

That's strange. Do you think it's an error in proofreading?:D As you can see from the Terms and Conditions from the past 3 years and this year, the wording has changed.

Under 2009 Terms & Conditions ~~ Diamond & Diamond Plus December Rewards limited to the Diamond/Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor member named in this invitation. December Rewards applicable to Oasis of the Seas December 5, 2009 sailing, and all other ships departing Dec 1-31, 2009.

Under 2010 Terms & Conditions ~~ Diamond Celebration events are applicable to any ship departing on or at sea by December 1-31, 2010; exceptions will be Jewel of the Seas begins December 3, 2010 and Brilliance of the Seas begins December 5, 2010.

Under 2011 Terms & Conditions ~~ Double and Triple Crown & Anchor Cruise Points Offer is applicable to all sailings departing Nov. 26 - Dec. 31, 2011, except for Liberty of the Seas and Jewel of the Seas sailings departing on Nov. 26, 2011.

Under 2012 Terms & Conditions ~~ Offer is applicable to all bookings on any itinerary in the month of December, 2012.

Not happy the after Thanksgiving into December cruises are not included this year!!! Thought if you were at sea a day in December that cruise qualified. They need to rethink this, imho....

Maybe it's doesn't qualify because it's not considered an "itinerary in December".

That's strange. Do you think it's an error in proofreading?:D As you can see from the Terms and Conditions from the past 3 years and this year, the wording has changed.

Under 2009 Terms & Conditions ~~ Diamond & Diamond Plus December Rewards limited to the Diamond/Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor member named in this invitation. December Rewards applicable to Oasis of the Seas December 5, 2009 sailing, and all other ships departing Dec 1-31, 2009.

Under 2010 Terms & Conditions ~~ Diamond Celebration events are applicable to any ship departing on or at sea by December 1-31, 2010; exceptions will be Jewel of the Seas begins December 3, 2010 and Brilliance of the Seas begins December 5, 2010.

Under 2011 Terms & Conditions ~~ Double and Triple Crown & Anchor Cruise Points Offer is applicable to all sailings departing Nov. 26 - Dec. 31, 2011, except for Liberty of the Seas and Jewel of the Seas sailings departing on Nov. 26, 2011.

Under 2012 Terms & Conditions ~~ Offer is applicable to all bookings on any itinerary in the month of December, 2012.

Well, it would not be the first time that their choice of wording raises questions. Could be an error in proofreading. One thing for sure, C&A is going to get some calls about cruises that start in Nov and end in Dec.

Well, it would not be the first time that their choice of wording raises questions. Could be an error in proofreading. One thing for sure, C&A is going to get some calls about cruises that start in Nov and end in Dec.

They did include several that start at the end of November. I think it all depends on when in November the cruise begins and when in December the cruise ends.

They did include several that start at the end of November. I think it all depends on when in November the cruise begins and when in December the cruise ends.

If you include some, you should include all, imo. We were on cruise last year after Thanksgiving into Dec and it did count in December itinerary cruises. Why should RCCL change now??? I vote for the poor proofreading and unsure of all the ships and itineraries they have sailing at that time, lol.... Let the letters and calls begin....of course, 3 calls will get you 3 different answers as we all know;)

It also raises another question re: the march promotion that gave you a bonus point. I hope you get to take the diamond promotion instead, but the wording isn't clear.

Remember that the March Promo was available to all C&A Members and cruises were not giving double and triple points. The December Celebration is only available to D/D+/PC Members and does give double and triple points.

If you are a D/D+/PC Member and have a cruise booked in December that falls under both Promos, you will get the higher of the point values.

That is why they said that the March Promo was not combinable. There are people that we cruised with on Enchantment last week that thought they will get points from both promotions. I had one gal tell me that she is going to earn over 100 points in December because she is convinced that she will be getting points from both promotions. :eek:

I think this promo has been bent and twisted out of shape over the years. If it's Diamonds in December, it should be in December. It keeps creeping into November and January for the sake of a few days out of a longer itinerary. I think the bulk of the sailing days should be in December to qualify. Just MHO

Im not a Diamond (yet) but I think it would be really unfair on my fellow cruisers on our Indy TA, 22nd Nov - 5th December, If this was not included this year :mad:

It's not a November Celebration, it's a December Celebration. IMHO, that would be quite unfair to give double/triple points to folks on a cruise that sails 10 days in November and only 5 in December.:eek:

I think this promo has been bent and twisted out of shape over the years. If it's Diamonds in December, it should be in December. It keeps creeping into November and January for the sake of a few days out of a longer itinerary. I think the bulk of the sailing days should be in December to qualify. Just MHO

Absolutely agree. That's why they have put "all bookings on any itinerary in the month of December, 2012" in the Terms & Conditions.

If you include some, you should include all, imo. We were on cruise last year after Thanksgiving into Dec and it did count in December itinerary cruises. Why should RCCL change now??? I vote for the poor proofreading and unsure of all the ships and itineraries they have sailing at that time, lol.... Let the letters and calls begin....of course, 3 calls will get you 3 different answers as we all know;)

Unfortunately, like the March Promo, you aren't going to please everyone.

We tend to get a bit GREEDY.

We sail on Nov 25, we do not qualify, but we did not base our decision to cruise on "oh boy, points" we chose the cruise it fits our time frame, our price range and our choice of destinations.

I tend to think any and all the loyalty programs tend to get out of hand when the members try to dictate the rules, specials, promotions and other offerings.

Personally, I think we need to ask ourselves, if there was no loyalty program, with whom would I choose to spend my money? After all, a cruise lines could give you a zillion pts for every cruise, but it the cruise line STINKS....would the points be worth it?

In our case, we are still trying to figure out if we do Vision on Dec 3 or Mariner on Nov 25....and points mean nothing in our decision.

RCI is "always" changing something :rolleyes: Just how much they think it all-the-way-through, is usually subject to debate. :D

Their program -- their rules. Your choice whether or not to play.

Ray in NH

Is it possible that this promotion is a way to get the more experienced cruisers out onto ships they don't usually sail, during a time when families traditional aren't cruising? ( other than Christmas, obviously) It seems those TAs routinely fill with their most experienced cruisers anyway, making it more expensive to run the promotion when it is also less necessary . On our Oasis cruise last December there were many Diamond ( and up) cruisers who were sailing OA for the first time.

I'm so glad to see they are continuing this. We wont use it this winter, we are not sailing Royal this winter, but it's run for several years now and that bodes well for our Dec 2013 cruise. We have both Nov and Dec cruises booked, waiting to see which dates work best ( as yet, unknown college schedules to consider), but this definately works in the favor of the Dec Cruise for us!

Archived