On the PG

Molokai-Chuck

Aloha all... we are in Bora Bora...day 2, and the weather has been not great...sun slips in and out all day...plenty of wind too. we just we told we are going to Tahaa now, instad of Rangiora, will still go to all places ...just different order...due to weather...so sounds good to me. Did Chris tour today with Tess...Roger...Kevin...theresa...had a great day...say Manta Rays...plenty of coral....and tons of fish...total of 3 stops....

The chow is still good...and to add to the story line of past..... they do carry your plate to your table whenever they can.....that should be enough of that!

The ship looks really nice....we got lucky and got an upgrade to deck 7....however...still got to love deck 4!!!!

Emdee...I told all your friends hi. Now I am known as Miriams friend.

Well...thats it for now...these computers/servers are slooooow.

Aloha, Chuck

Aloha all... we are in Bora Bora...day 2, and the weather has been not great...sun slips in and out all day...plenty of wind too. we just we told we are going to Tahaa now, instad of Rangiora, will still go to all places ...just different order...due to weather...so sounds good to me. Did Chris tour today with Tess...Roger...Kevin...theresa...had a great day...say Manta Rays...plenty of coral....and tons of fish...total of 3 stops....

The chow is still good...and to add to the story line of past..... they do carry your plate to your table whenever they can.....that should be enough of that!

The ship looks really nice....we got lucky and got an upgrade to deck 7....however...still got to love deck 4!!!!

Emdee...I told all your friends hi. Now I am known as Miriams friend.

Well...thats it for now...these computers/servers are slooooow.

Aloha, Chuck

Chuck! Have a great cruise! Say hello to everyone from us as well.

Steve & Nancy

MotuIslander...I will say hey for you today. The weather at the PGs Motu was great yesterday...first really good weather day. The winds picked up again in the sail away time...and we had one rough ride last night...dining rooms were pretty empty last night.

Benita...the inter - net has its moments....of slow and even slower!

The times/charges are:

250 min. for $62.50

100 min for $35

Pay as you go .55 per min.

plus a one time charge of $3.95

Emdee...Elmo gets off on Jan 12th.

Also there is a dock of sorts at the Motu.... but they don't use it ..other than to guide the beacher into place....still lower the front and wade ashore.

Tiki...yeap...thats where we went to snorkel...even JMC was along for that snorkel.

JMC brought his wife along this time.

On our way to Rangiora now...should be there in an hour or two. It is all sun right now....still some winds.

I like the way the did the Le Grill....kinda dressed it up some...and moved the Tea Time to it...and expanded ithe Tea buffet a lot! Has some really good stuff on it...even some sort of Ice cream dish every day.

Aloha all...

Chuck

Remember this is whre the best snorkeling is at Motu Mahana

MotuMahana.jpg

This is extremely helpful to see the picture; thanks for doing this. I have been there 3 times and never knew I should go that far for the best snorkeling. Will be sure and hit it this time in two weeks (from today!!!)

Just watch out how you get there! Be sure not to get caught up in the coral heads - there's a section towards the center as you're getting closer to the reef that is filled with coral heads, and you can find yourself in the midst of them with no way to get out without bumping into them (which kills the coral). Stay off to the right side, don't go right down the center - you can see the coral heads as the darker-shaded splotches in the center.

You can walk 75% of the way, it isn't far. just looks like it on the picture. Absolutely wonderful snorkeling out there. You can stand up, dip your mask into the water and look down into a 20 foot deep 'bowl' ...... bigger fish

Thanks Tik!

Chuck- next time you check in, let us know how the service has been. We are getting schizophrenic reports here on CC from cruisers on the last itinerary, some best ever; others it's way off!:confused:

Thanks Tik!

Chuck- next time you check in, let us know how the service has been. We are getting schizophrenic reports here on CC from cruisers on the last itinerary, some best ever; others it's way off!:confused:

I'm seeing (and contributing) to these schizophrenic reports...and my take is that it appears to be very dependent on who you got. Lithlith (Karen & Andy) and I both had nothing but great things to say about the wait staff, but they and another couple had bad room attendants, whereas mine was the best ever. And it seems none of us have good things to say about Pia at the tour desk, but another gal at that desk (blanking on her name) was incredible, and we only dealt with her. So I'd say it seems that there is an issue of spottiness with some of the staff. In some cases we have some control over that - we always made a point of requesting Roderick's table, and were never disappointed! And after noting Pia's unfriendly attitude, we just avoided her and worked with others at the tour desk. But you don't get to pick your room attendant, so if you get a bad one I guess you're stuck!:(

I have one of these (Bladefish 5000), I love it! Pulls me around at 3.5 mph for up to 3.5 miles. Has 3 speeds plus you flip it over and you have reverse! Works well in tight coral head spaces. Only 10 pounds, made to fit in your carry on.

Bladefish5000.jpg

Its good that all issues about service are noted on the board as they are read by the pG staff and I am sure are carried forward to TPTB.

I certainly hope so! This is a special occasion cruise for us and I'd be very disappointed if it turns out the service level is all dependent on some "lottery" of who takes pride in their work/is properly trained or not! Is it at all possible that theyve thinned out the staff to staff the other ship, and maybe there hasnt been time for proper training? Lots of companies grow too fast and cant scale up quick enough. Hopefully, by naming names, people can get additional training. We dont expect obsequious service, or to be waited on hand and foot, but polite competence is a minimum! I'm planning on seeking out those folks you have told me provide stellar service, Emdee and LeeAnn! I have it all in my notes;)

Family,

The other ship will not be taken over until september or thereabouts so they couldnt have thinned the ship out. Besides I am sure they will retain some of the current staff. I do hope that some of the PG staff transfer over.

Besides there is movement of staff on all cruiselines. Some former PG staff are on Regent and Silversea as well.

Chuck,

Sorry to miss Elmo when we go.

Can you find out whether Efren is going to be there in Jan?

Enjoy your days on the PG and in FP.

Reality will come soon enough!

Miriam

Thanks Tik!

You just can't worry too much about what others think...Just have fun and enjoy. Some people just feel it necessary to find problems with things that just aren't that important. If you have a problem that is legit just let the staff know, they will jump on it and try to fix it (except maybe PIA:confused:. There is nothing worse than someone who has an issue but doesn't tell someone to give them an opportunity to fix it, then complains after the fact. Just open the curtains and take in the most beautiful view ever!!!

Last night DD and myself discussed the room stewardesses. Yes they may not be as good as some of the others and you tend to never see them at all except on day 1 but to us as long as the room is cleaned they are a relatively unimportant link in the chain.

Time and time again we get so blown away by the beauty of FP and the warmth of the PG staff the inessential things dont upset us.

The little things are overshadowed by the important things like most of the warm friendly staff, the beauty of the islands & the friends you make on your cruise to paradise. When Elmo delivers my BH's Chi Chi with a big smile how can you think about anything else ................

Service...even better than last year...really it is great...with the one exception... Pia.... not a lot of customer skills being used by her.... enough of her. I have to battle the staff at the buffets to carry my chow...or open a door if they are near it...oh well...they say I am on vacation.

The snorkel at the Motu was good...and as the lady poster said...be careful of the in and outs of that area...lots of coral. The best snorkel has been at Rangoria, yasterday...all sun and low wind. Did the ship tour for the snorkel at the Aquarium...on $85...was excellent!

It is right in the center of the pass...but the water is almost...almost .... lake smooth.

Saw sharks, morey eels, and a load of other fish. The rough reas is only yards away though...so have to be careful not to get into that area. It was about 20 to 30 feet deep.

I will check with Efrin......... Our room is always clean...the food is great ... Elmo brings me and my wife our fav drinks whenever he spots us...without asking....who is going to do this at home?

The crew has said some of them will be going to the new ship...but they have not selected them yet they said.

Today we are in Fakarava...just had breakfast on the deck area of La Veranda....very quiet and nice...sunny and very little wind so far. Great and gentle sailing last night.

At sea tomorrow....hope for gentle sail tonight....

I would have to award a 10 overall for a score.....only lower score would be the Shore Excur. issues and attitude the leader of such we had.

Chuck

Archived