Aft facing penthouse suite on breakaway

eynsteinp

I am so disappointed in NCL with this ship and wheelchair accessible cabins. None of the accessible balcony, mini or family balcony cabins hold more than 2 people. Huh? It is not like this on the Gem or Epic. I wanted to be on this ship but I have to either sail in a suite, which is double the price or an interior. Not acceptable to me.

I think a few of the balcony cabins hold 3-4 and are accessible- like cabin 13844 and 10290

I think a few of the balcony cabins hold 3-4 and are accessible- like cabin 13844 and 10290

Not according to the deck plans - they are for two people. I went round and round with Special Needs department and Corporate and what the deck plans say is it. :(

TrikeRider,

Looks like there are a few options (albeit, a small amount in comparison to the ship size) but according to the deck plans, look in to the following cabins with your TA:

Picture window/midship Cat 01 Cabins 5138, 5140, 5738 & 5740 shows HC access. and sleeps 4-5.

Forward Ocean view Cat OA Cabins 9700,10700, 11700, 12700, 13700 shows HC access. and sleeps 3-4

Balcony Cat BD Cabins 10890 & 10290 Shows HC access sleeps 3-4

Balcony Cat BC Cabins 11288, 11888, 13284, 13884 shows HC access sleeps 3-4.

Now, not saying that these actually exist, but according to the deck plan they do...but then again, according to the deck plan, the forward Haven Penthouses have a bathroom window and a forward balcony (which they definitely do not!) :p

But it might be helpful for you to have the exact cabin numbers to get the specifics for each one. Hope this helps. Good Luck! :D

~Michele

Balcony Cat BD Cabins 10890 & 10290 Shows HC access sleeps 3-4

Balcony Cat BC Cabins 11288, 11888, 13284, 13884 shows HC access sleeps 3-4.

Nope - do not hold more than 2. If you look at the deck plan, all they show is a rectangle for accessible. No symbol for third or more passenger. Believe me, I have been over this so many times with NCL. I told them they were wrong, that these cabins will have a sofa for a third person. As of now, they can only book 2 in these rooms. I was only interested in balcony or higher, not inside or window.

Nope - do not hold more than 2. If you look at the deck plan, all they show is a rectangle for accessible. No symbol for third or more passenger. Believe me, I have been over this so many times with NCL. I told them they were wrong, that these cabins will have a sofa for a third person. As of now, they can only book 2 in these rooms. I was only interested in balcony or higher, not inside or window.

Oh well. There are so many anomalies that NCL needs to work out with the plans for the Breakaway. I guess the only way to be sure will be for you to wait until after April to book. At least by then, there will be an actual ship and the answers will be more apparent. :(

Sorry,

~Michele

Oh well. There are so many anomalies that NCL needs to work out with the plans for the Breakaway. I guess the only way to be sure will be for you to wait until after April to book. At least by then, there will be an actual ship and the answers will be more apparent. :(

Sorry,

~Michele

I agree. I think I am going to delay my booking until then. Why NCL can't provide certainty at this stage I have no idea.

Thinking of canceling mine until the final plans come out. I feel like I am paying a awful lot of money for something that I really don't know a lot of details about. Plus the details I do know seem to be inaccurate, but at the same time how off can they be and I really want to go.

Decisions decisions!

Thinking of canceling mine until the final plans come out. I feel like I am paying a awful lot of money for something that I really don't know a lot of details about. Plus the details I do know seem to be inaccurate, but at the same time how off can they be and I really want to go.

Decisions decisions!

I, too, am growing very concerned with the details for our Aft Haven Penthouse (S6). When we booked, the only information was on the Building Breakaway blog. The ship wasn't listed under the "ships" area on the regular site. However, now that it does appear there, we see many inaccuracies in comparison with the blog details. I was concerned that on the regular website, it doesn't list the extra half bath, nor does it state there are separate bedroom/living room areas. It has also shrunk from 548 sf to 505 sf. I really enjoyed my aft penthouse on the Gem, but if this Breakaway room is the same, I would feel cheated that it cost me nearly twice as much to sail the Breakaway as it cost me on the Gem.

Please, NCL...give us more to go on! Do you really want your suite customers to go elsewhere??? Toss us a bone...a floor plan, less inaccuracies. I don't think we are being unreasonable.

~Michele

I am getting a little concerned about the lack of info since I already paid off my cruise and was banking on the 1 1/2 baths and additional square footage since its me, my wife and 11 year old twins in the room. I sure hope I don't end up regretting trusting the description and info provided by the pcc. Especially since I chose this cruise and its our first ncl cruise after cruising carnival and Disney only in the past.

• 3 weeks later...

I booked the aft facing penthouse as well

Was torn becasue I felt I should be staying in the haven to get the most of what it has to offer with out the long schlep. But the penthouse looked amazing and iI sailed in an aft penthouse on the jewel.

BTW the webiste says the penthouses are only deck 9-13 but they have on 14 as well

I didnt choose 14 because it is right under the garden cafe

Cheers!!

I just checked again and still no floor plans. I honestly cannot think of any excuse for the lack of information at this point. It is almost impossible for them not to have proposed floor plans at a minimum. It would be at least something to look at when making decisions on booking even if they are subject to change.

It's one if those little things in life that shouldn't upset us but is driving me crazy :).

They have not updated their website at all. Deck 15 stills says "to come" where the spa is. So many other errors I don't have the time to write them all.

I think it will be similar to the 2 bedroom villa but with no 2nd bedroom and a larger balcony.

Come on ncl your a huge company get your s$&t together!!

Still waiting on the answers from NCL. I emailed a link of the Breakaway blog http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-aft-facing-penthouse-with-balcony/ info to my PCC and this is the answer I received so far. I am still awaiting the response from the person in charge of the room layouts. I'll post it here when I get it.

Michele,

I just spoke to a few people in reference to the room, although the information on the Breakaway website should be exactly what you’re getting I went one step further. I contacted the individual that takes care of individual room layouts etc. and just waiting to hear a response back from her. As soon as I receive a response I will get back in contact with you.

___________________Personal Cruise Consultant

877.416.9722 Ext.

_____________@ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line ®

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

I removed the PCC name, so this posted wouldn't be deleted by a host.

~Michele:)

Hello all,

I know that a mini suite is not a full suite, but I was looking at the aft mini suites on Breakaway and Getaway and they over 100 sq feet bigger than the regular mini suites. Is the actual cabin bigger or just the balcony? Additionally, there is only two of them on the entire ship. Any comments?

So excited .... :) ... we have just booked an aft penthouse suite on NCL Breakaway's 'sister ship' NCL Getaway. Although we are not sailing until October 2014, I am keen to find out more about the cabin I have booked - a floor plan would be nice. Can't wait for all the info regarding these cabins after the Breakaway sets sail next April. :D

Hi. Totally confused. Says that Aft Facing Penthouse suites can vary in size from 377-430 plus a 75 sf balcony. 75sf? That's smaller than most of the regular balcony cabins on RCI. Why does NCL make their balconies so small, and does anyone know which of the AFP Suites is the 430 sf one? Thanks so much; I'll also wait for more info to book.

I think that you have the incorrect information (but I can't swear by it). If appears that the aft facing penthouse suites are either 505 or 548 sqft depending on which part of NCL's website you go to. However, since they haven't updated any of this information (as everybody on this thread is frustrated with) we cannot be certain. But in any case, I have not seen the numbers you found any place and for the Aft-facing penthouse suite to be that small would not only be surprising it would be a far departure from anything they have said previously. I definitely understand your confusion and frustration though.