Aft facing penthouse suite on breakaway

eynsteinp

I have done some research on this. It appears that the room you are referring to at 377 sqft is an aft facing MINIsuite. Not the aft facing penthouse suite. That would explain the square footage difference. I hope that helps clarify at least this issue. As stated before, the website lacks a great deal of information which is causing lots of confusion.

• 2 months later...

It stinks so confusing...On the UK found more descriptions...

1 think really caught my eye....Guest Bathroom With Bathroom

We are booked to travel in Aft Facing Haven hope it has what is listed...LOL

o Breakaway 14872 The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse With Balcony 14

o Standard Capacity - 4 , Cabin Includes Sitting Area , Vanity

o , Convertible Double Sofa Bed , Mini Bar , Total Square

o Footage (505) , Telephone , Starboard Side , Floor To Ceiling

o Sliding Glass Doors , Internet Access , Guest Bathroom With

o Shower , Sprinklers , Shower , Desk , Clothes Line In

o Bathroom , Separate Bedroom With A Door , Safety Deposit Box

o , Foldable Sleeper/Playpen , Aft Section , Private Balcony ,

o Tea And Coffee Maker , Pier Aft , Digital Video Disc Player ,

o Television , Certified Butler Service , Balcony Square

o Footage (75) , Cabin Square Footage (430) , Hair Dryer ,

o Convertible King Size Bed , Concierge Concierge Available

o Upon Request, Refrigerator , Bathtub

You have to go to UK site and make like you are booking a room and it shows info....

It stinks there website is so confusing...On the NCL UK site found more descriptions...

One thing really caught my eye....Guest Bathroom With Shower

We are booked to travel in Aft Facing Haven, hope it has what is listed...LOL

o Breakaway 14872 The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse With Balcony 14

o Standard Capacity - 4 , Cabin Includes Sitting Area , Vanity

o , Convertible Double Sofa Bed , Mini Bar , Total Square

o Footage (505) , Telephone , Starboard Side , Floor To Ceiling

o Sliding Glass Doors , Internet Access , Guest Bathroom With

o Shower , Sprinklers , Shower , Desk , Clothes Line In

o Bathroom , Separate Bedroom With A Door , Safety Deposit Box

o , Foldable Sleeper/Playpen , Aft Section , Private Balcony ,

o Tea And Coffee Maker , Pier Aft , Digital Video Disc Player ,

o Television , Certified Butler Service , Balcony Square

o Footage (75) , Cabin Square Footage (430) , Hair Dryer ,

o Convertible King Size Bed , Concierge Concierge Available

o Upon Request, Refrigerator , Bathtub

You have to go to UK site and make like you are booking a room and it shows info....:D

I can't wait to travel at end of this year....

I still have not been able to find any floor plan. If the UK site has more information, is there any way you can copy and post it here? I appreciate any help on this. It is incredibly frustrating the way that NCL has handled this situation.

Hi All,

Well thank god my cruise isn't till next year I have june/2014 booked

And I cant wait till my voyage in the aft PH suite but I must ask 1 thing I have my mother and SO traveling with us in that suite Do you think it is to small they opted for the sofa bed ......But finding that floor plan is essential ....I may just put them in another room :p

Thanks in advance and, no don't want the 2 family suite love my AFT:)

Joe

I am getting convinced these aft suites will be the best value cabins on the ship(so the prices will go up) much betterthan the S5 in the Haven area.

Very good space, seperate bedroom, Haven access and large Aft balcony.

They look good but are a trek and a half to get to the haven

They look good but are a trek and a half to get to the haven

They will deliver

One trick will be to travel with friends, have an aft and an S4 sharing the multiple living room spaces.

I wonder how practical hanging out in the covered courtyard area will be when busy.

Side balconies are often not as practical on the long high speed runs.

The afts should be great and there are quite a few space in the aft part of the ship that will be more convenient.

• 2 weeks later...

I am travelling with 3 family members and wanted to book this cabin for the July 14th sailing, but they were all booked. Instead, we booked a large balcony, but I am afraid that the cabin may be too small for 4 of us adults!

I am travelling with 3 family members and wanted to book this cabin for the July 14th sailing, but they were all booked. Instead, we booked a large balcony, but I am afraid that the cabin may be too small for 4 of us adults!

It will be very cramped.

• 1 month later...

So back to the S6 :)

I may be wrong but I think I have found a wrinkle in the S6 layouts . Four of the 12 S6 cabins may be a little different.

I think they have swapped the location of the bedroom and bathroom in 4 of the cabins.

Lets see if I can explain my theory. If you look at an aft pics you will notice 8 of the 12 cabins have a panel of tinted glass and 4 do not, on decks 14 and 11.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=281&page=1

I think the 8 with tinted glass have bathrooms behind the tinted glass. ( which the floor plan I have seen confirms )Here is a pic of the bathroom on deck 13

norwegianbreakaway-170-4_3_rx1443_c1920x1440.jpg?ab55a5773a712f7d9d7f7f29c5c2d44b0faaa696

Here is the bedroom

norwegianbreakaway-168-4_3_rx1443_c1920x1440.jpg?ab55a5773a712f7d9d7f7f29c5c2d44b0faaa696

I think the 4 that do not have the tinted glass have a bedroom where the bathroom is in the other 8. Here is are some pics I found on another thread.

5270_642029945814202_1677453369_n.jpg

308643_642029865814210_1551004083_n.jpg

215257_642029992480864_84161826_n.jpg

The rest of the cabin looks exactly the same

Now that she is in NY Port I hope someone takes a pic of the aft facing cabins from the outside so we all can see how she is finished.

My mom went to the christening today and I asked her to take pics of the room I booked (13302) there's a video on YouTube of this room. I mainly wanted my mom to take pics of the second guest bathroom.

So back to the S6 :)

I may be wrong but I think I have found a wrinkle in the S6 layouts . Four of the 12 S6 cabins may be a little different.

I think they have swapped the location of the bedroom and bathroom in 4 of the cabins.

Lets see if I can explain my theory. If you look at an aft pics you will notice 8 of the 12 cabins have a panel of tinted glass and 4 do not, on decks 14 and 11.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=281&page=1

I think the 8 with tinted glass have bathrooms behind the tinted glass. ( which the floor plan I have seen confirms )Here is a pic of the bathroom on deck 13

Here is the bedroom

I think the 4 that do not have the tinted glass have a bedroom where the bathroom is in the other 8. Here is are some pics I found on another thread.

The rest of the cabin looks exactly the same

Ok we have one of the Aft PH suites on deck 14 book for June 2014. If I understand this info, the bathroom does NOT have any windows but is totally enclosed. And the large windows are in the bedroom? Is that right? And where and what is the "guest bathroom" in these suites?

Thanks!!

Thanks for the detective work, Shaun! I am on Deck 11, and although I'm a bit bummed that the bathroom won't have the tub in front of the window, the bedroom looks so much nicer in the 4 oddball cabins!

Did the original thread that you grabbed those pictures from mention the suite number? Just wondering...

Thanks!

Thank you so much for all your work and pictures.'

I ,too, booked an aft penthouse on 14. I booked a long time ago, the first day that they were accepting bookings. I have been going crazy trying to find a floor plan at least. The irony is that I booked the room because I was told about the tub in front of the window. That was a big selling point for me. Now, I may not even have that. lol I have to laugh or I will cry.I could have saved a lot of money if I knew the way it actually would end up. I am sure I will still have a great time. Booking sight unseen, was my choice ,so none to blame.

I am also in an aft penthouse deck 14. Booked as soon as bookings opened when it was originally listed as an S7 so I got a small break on the price. It was relisted later as an S6. I love the bed by the window as I love the morning light coming in as I wake up. Hoping someone would post pictures of it. I am sailing May 26, 2013 less then 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

Ok we have one of the Aft PH suites on deck 14 book for June 2014. If I understand this info, the bathroom does NOT have any windows but is totally enclosed. And the large windows are in the bedroom? Is that right? And where and what is the "guest bathroom" in these suites?

Thanks!!

Thats just what i think from looking at pics etc.

Wow, that balcony is amazing.

stateroom%20%281%29_500.jpg

There appear to be only ten of these rooms, one on each aft corner of decks 10 through 14. There are suites on deck 9, but they appear to be smaller and a different configuration. I could be wrong, but we won't know until someone posts pics of those rooms.

The aft suites are my FAVORITE cabins!

Thanks for the information. I too booked this suite over a year ago and have been waiting for a floor plan what seems to be forever. The big bathtub under the the picture window was a huge selling point to my wife as was the second bath as we will be sailing with our 11 year old twins. I'm on the 12 deck on the June 9th sailing and have been hoping for some information on this suite before sailing. I have not been able to find any pictures of the second bathroom but it sounds like its existence has been confirmed by people who have been on board. Is this right? Thanks in advance.