Aft facing penthouse suite on breakaway

eynsteinp

All of the penthouses have the same inside square footage. The difference in the range is because of the difference in sizes of the balconies.

I don't remember the exact order anymore, but I believe that 9 is the largest and 13 is the smallest (but still quite large).

All of the penthouses have the same inside square footage. The difference in the range is because of the difference in sizes of the balconies.

I don't remember the exact order anymore, but I believe that 9 is the largest and 13 is the smallest (but still quite large).

I agree. Even the "smallest" is quite large.

I stayed On deck 14 and it was definitely large enough for the four of us plus our two guests who visited from cruise critic.

I guess it depends on whether you want to have a party on your balcony or just want to relax. :)

This is deck 14

F9B4C5D4-2D9A-4A37-8469-2CC2C010BEA4-666-00000052FA881AB1_zpsd502e6c7.jpg[/img]

I agree. Even the "smallest" is quite large.

I stayed On deck 14 and it was definitely large enough for the four of us plus our two guests who visited from cruise critic.

I guess it depends on whether you want to have a party on your balcony or just want to relax. :)

This is deck 14

F9B4C5D4-2D9A-4A37-8469-2CC2C010BEA4-666-00000052FA881AB1_zpsd502e6c7.jpg[/img]

There's also a huge amount of difference in the exposure from deck to deck. Ours on deck 9 had a very large overhang - meaning that there was easily 100 sq ft covered. If you did not want to bake in the sun or if it was raining, that was very handy.

Tom

There's also a huge amount of difference in the exposure from deck to deck. Ours on deck 9 had a very large overhang - meaning that there was easily 100 sq ft covered. If you did not want to bake in the sun or if it was raining, that was very handy.

Tom

Tom,

Did the roof overhang below you from deck 8 hinder your looking down into the water? I was on deck 10 because I was afraid of that when I cruised in June.....but am thinking of choosing deck 9 on the breakaway.

Thanks!

Harriet

Tom

Thanks for mentioning that. As you can see from the picture, I had some sun on certain parts of the balcony. Depending on the time of day. Very good point. Thanks again for mentioning it.

Tom,

Did the roof overhang below you from deck 8 hinder your looking down into the water? I was on deck 10 because I was afraid of that when I cruised in June.....but am thinking of choosing deck 9 on the breakaway.

Thanks!

Harriet

Only slightly. We love the aft, though this was not as close/personal as an aft corner on a (Carnival) Spirit class ship. You could still enjoy the sound of churning water from the props.

We have the same cabin on deck 9 booked on the Getaway in May.

Tom

Only slightly. We love the aft, though this was not as close/personal as an aft corner on a (Carnival) Spirit class ship. You could still enjoy the sound of churning water from the props.

We have the same cabin on deck 9 booked on the Getaway in May.

Tom

Take good care of that ship! I'll be getting on when you get off!

Harriet