Help Me Help My Parents!

Sam of the Seas

My sister and I gave my parents an Alaskan cruise for Christmas. They will be on the Serenade of the Seas' June 19th sailing. We spent a REALLY long time on Monday trying to plan their excursions. Because their first choice was sold out on RCI's site, we settled on the Dogsled via Helicopter in Juneau. I went ahead and booked it on my credit card so it would not get sold out on us. I was supposed to get a confirmation within 24 hours from RCI. I still haven't. My credit card has not been billed and when you view this excursion on RCI's site it now says...only available to book onboard. This was not what it said on Monday. This is the ONE thing my Dad really wanted to do...a helicopter ride over the glaciers (the dogsledding was just an added bonus).

Can someone recommend an independent tour operator for a glacier tour via helicopter in Juneau? We are looking for one that has a good amount of flight time with at least one landing. Sorry to be so lengthy, but it is so important to me that they enjoy this experience. I am very disappointed that RCI didn't contact me about the change of availability. That, in my opinion, is the least they could have done. Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can offer.

Sam

Archived