'Free' drinks around the ship.

maz48

I have looked everywhere but am either very thick(could be) or it just isn't there.

This will be our first Celebrity cruise so could someone give me an idea as to the drinks provided around the ship that you don't need to buy a package or pay for? We don't drink soda so not sure we would benefit from the packages. Is water available? We have found the water on other lines acceptable if we didn't let it stand for too long!! What about juice and the basic coffee/teas? We have a Sky Suite on hold at the moment and know we can get premium coffees etc delivered.

Also is there room in the mini bar to store drinks or can it be emptied so we can as I can't drink alcohol and my husband isn't bothered.

Many thanks. There is so much to learn when cruising with a different cruise line but we are very excited to be cruising with Celebrity.

Coffee, tea (bags), hot chocolate (packets) available 24 hours at the buffet

Breakfast: two or three kinds of juice drinks from the dispensers (usually Pass-O-Guava, orange juice drink, apple juice drink)

Milk, skim milk, chocolate milk on the buffet at meals

Lunch onward: iced tea, lemonade, fruit juice drink from the dispenser

Soy milk (you need to ask a waiter for this as it is not on display)

You can ask for the frig to be emptied the first day when you meet your staff. You will get bottle water as part of your suite, you can ask for more if needed but ensure that you do not have to pay for it. Most will do it for free.

Around the ship water is available free. If you want coffee or tea go to the buffet area it is available 24/7. Juice is available in the mornings in the buffet then it is changed to a sugar bases drink of some kind IE fruit punch or lemonade free of charge.

When in the dining rooms water pour from the jug is free. There is regular juice available for free in the dining rooms during meal times.

Since you are in a suite in the mornings with you be able to eat in Blu for free. They have smoothies for free and fresh squeezed juice for free. For a $5.00 charge per person you can dine there at night too. (space available). Tea and coffee (reg) are free here as well.

I don't believe that bottled water is available for free in suites, other than perhaps the new Aqua Spa Suites which will come on Reflection.

Correct, free bottled water is not typically available in most suites.

I have looked everywhere but am either very thick(could be) or it just isn't there.

This will be our first Celebrity cruise so could someone give me an idea as to the drinks provided around the ship that you don't need to buy a package or pay for? We don't drink soda so not sure we would benefit from the packages. Is water available? We have found the water on other lines acceptable if we didn't let it stand for too long!! What about juice and the basic coffee/teas? We have a Sky Suite on hold at the moment and know we can get premium coffees etc delivered.

Also is there room in the mini bar to store drinks or can it be emptied so we can as I can't drink alcohol and my husband isn't bothered.

Many thanks. There is so much to learn when cruising with a different cruise line but we are very excited to be cruising with Celebrity.

I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago. Here's the thread. You have to sift throught the arguments over pro's and con's of buying a package, but I think the information you want is there.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1653705&highlight=will+i+die+of+thirst

Thank you everyone, very helpful.

I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago. Here's the thread. You have to sift throught the arguments over pro's and con's of buying a package, but I think the information you want is there.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1653705&highlight=will+i+die+of+thirst

Thanks for the link which I had missed when reading all the posts:rolleyes:. I think it made our minds up to not get a package and I learnt a few other helpful things too.

You can ask for the frig to be emptied the first day when you meet your staff. You will get bottle water as part of your suite, you can ask for more if needed but ensure that you do not have to pay for it. Most will do it for free.

Around the ship water is available free. If you want coffee or tea go to the buffet area it is available 24/7. Juice is available in the mornings in the buffet then it is changed to a sugar bases drink of some kind IE fruit punch or lemonade free of charge.

When in the dining rooms water pour from the jug is free. There is regular juice available for free in the dining rooms during meal times.

Since you are in a suite in the mornings with you be able to eat in Blu for free. They have smoothies for free and fresh squeezed juice for free. For a $5.00 charge per person you can dine there at night too. (space available). Tea and coffee (reg) are free here as well.

If you booked AC is there still a $5/charge pp?

Doylestown5518 , To clarify -- Blu is the dining room for Aqua Class, with no further charge to eat there.

If there is space available, suite passengers can dine there for a $5 pp charge, but no other passengers can. Many have tried, but they are turned away. Even suite passengers can be turned away if Aqua Class is full on that sailing.

Archived