Jean in the dining rooms?

ja940

Are nice jeans with no holes, rips or frays permitted in the main dining room and the speciality restaurants on Azamara Journey? And from those who have sailed on AZ have you seen people wear nice jeans in the dining rooms?

Are nice jeans with no holes, rips or frays permitted in the main dining room and the speciality restaurants on Azamara Journey? And from those who have sailed on AZ have you seen people wear nice jeans in the dining rooms?

Shipboard Attire

In keeping with our friendly but sophisticated onboard environment, we ask that guests follow a “resort casual” dress code. Out of respect for others, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts, or jeans are not allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants. When dining at Windows Café, guests must wear footwear and a cover-up or shirt. Formal evening wear is not expected nor required. If you prefer to dress more formally, you are welcome to do so. Please note that tuxedo rentals are not available on board

Simple Answer: NO, they are not.

You - and your fellow shipmates - have just spent a small fortune, to enjoy a luxurious, upscale vacation. Why do you want to look like schlemiels? Please, leave your jeans home, you will survive without them for a week or two.

10 days in the Baltics last month, I may have seen 2 or 3 pairs of jeans in total in the main dining room.

Not that I was looking carefully -- there may have been more, but it must have been well under 5% of the passengers.

Comfortable slacks are the way to go for any main dining room dinner experience aboard, upon any ship, IMHO. It does matter to a lot of people who put a lot of time into "looking their best." Many people place a great deal of importance on the "sophistication" factor of a cruise such as Azamara. Dinner is special when cruising - it is what it is. There's always the Lido buffet if you just aren't feeling it (and no shame at all in that and I've done it a few times!).

It's YOUR trip, but please do respect the overall desire of others to dress rather smartly for dining and upkeep the expected atmosphere. That's my $.02.

Thank you, Corpkid, I couldn't have said it any better or more succinctly. The operating term you used is "RESPECT", a concept sadly in short supply these days. As I said in one of my other postings on this subject, if you don't wear your jeans into the Main Dining Room, I won't wear my speedos in there either. There isn't too much of a difference between them, at least in my book.

There is no need to make a fashion statement, unless you choose to. (I choose not to.). But you don't have to dress like a teenager or a slob, and sorry, jeans are jeans are jeans. Leave 'em home, please (or sail with Carnival and save yourself some money)!

At dinner time on our last Oct/Nov cruise, we were seated with someone in the lounge who was wearing jeans and the greater who takes your room number did come over to us and asked him to change as NO jeans were allowed at dinner time. Can't remember about lunch as we didn't eat in the main dining room that often as we didn't have many sea days!!! I know shorts were not accepted at any time but many people did wear them at breakfast and lunch.

Hope this helps!

Thanks to all. You have certainly answered my question. This is our first AZ cruise, closest thing was Oceania, where they called the dress code "country club casual" and nice jeans were worn here and there. i don't know if they were "allowed" or not. We have been cruising for 30 years on all the major lines from the bottom to the top and am no longer amazed to see shorts and flip flops on formal nights. Thats why we're "moving on up".

Same here - we did another Cunard cruise because we were pretty tired of the non-stop party atmosphere and just the cattle-call of the larger ships (as well as the lack of respect for other cruisers). It was nice, but still a little too big and crowded.

We are glad to be "moving on up" (as you very well put it!) to the Azamara experience. I love that there are no formal nights so it is MY PLEASURE to throw a pair of slacks and a golf polo on for dinner (wrinkle free pants and shirts + a can of Downy wrinkle releaser = a traveler's dream!!!)

I don't dress to blow anyone away (I could I suppose, but why?) but I certainly look like I could fit in at the yacht club or golf club. Smart Casual as I like to call it. :D

When are you cruising on Azamara and to where? We are doing the Dec 18 from Rio to Buenos Aires and are about to book the July 3, 2013 Copenhagen to Dublin. We are quite excited!

...if you don't wear your jeans into the Main Dining Room, I won't wear my speedos in there either

Well Dr. H - thanks for ruining my cruise... :p I was going to surprise everyone on the 3rd or 4th night with my fancy new gold leaf speedo. (I am laughing just thinking about the audacity of even doing something like that). It's much like that recurring nightmare many have of showing up somewhere crowded realizing you are naked or just in your underwear (see: my entire tenure in University). haha

I probably need some professional help because this image in my head is hysterical and I'm literally laughing out loud. :D

We're in final countdown, leave 7/28 from Edinburgh to Southampton 12 nights on the Journey.

Wow - just a few days to go... I hope you love it - and please do share your opinions when you return so us who must wait five more months to experience the R class ships can live vicariously through you! :D

Have a great cruise!

Archived