RCCL Pulling Out Of Egypt?

Hi,

Has anyone heard if RCCL will be pulling out of Egypt? After the news Friday about the Americans being kidnapped in Egypt I wondered if there was news that they would be changing itineraries.

We would hate to have our itinerary changed.

Thanks fellow cruisers!!!

Hi,

Has anyone heard if RCCL will be pulling out of Egypt? After the news Friday about the Americans being kidnapped in Egypt I wondered if there was news that they would be changing itineraries.

We would hate to have our itinerary changed.

Thanks fellow cruisers!!!

Have not read or heard anything, but with the political unrest in Egypt, I am sure that passenger safety concerns are greater when in an Egyptian port.

Kidnaps are extremely common in the Sinai. This is at least the third incident this year involving Americans.

There are many things that could happen in Egypt that would result in cruise lines changing their itineraries. This is not one of them :)

We were booked on an RCCL cruise in 2011 that had an overnight in Egypt. A few months out they switched the port from Egypt to Turkey due to civil unrest. We ended up switching our booking as we had picked the itinerary based on the overnight in Egypt.

We hope to visit there in the future, but for now it still sounds a little unstable for our comfort level.

Did you lose any money moving your booking to another sailing? Had you already made the final payment?

We picked the cruise for the itinerary also, and would like to chage our sailing if they eliminate Egypt and/or Isreal stops.

Thanks for all the replies!

Did you lose any money moving your booking to another sailing? Had you already made the final payment?

We picked the cruise for the itinerary also, and would like to chage our sailing if they eliminate Egypt and/or Isreal stops.

Thanks for all the replies!

We did not lose any money, but it was before final payment. We hadn't booked our airfare either, so we were lucky there as well.

I would suggest you contact RCCL to confirm how they will handle.

Archived