Choosing the right Cabin (carnival Breeze)

this will be my second cruise. my first was on the dream. i booked an interior spa cabin with my husband, and my husband ended up not being able to go. so a few of my girlfriends came along with me and we switched to a deluxe oceanview. it was a really nice cabin and was plenty big. but this will be my husbands first cruise and our 6 year wedding anniversary. we dont want to put a lot of money into just the cabin, we would prefer to spend our money in the ports and other spend worthy things. we do however want comfort and privacy. it seems the portholes are very good in price, but do they provide a decent view? i CANNOT feel smothered or i will be soo sea sick. i need a view or air. are the cove balconies worth the upcharge from a porthole or oceanview? we dont care about a tub or a suite or 2 double sinks. we dont need to be graced with VIP embarkation which seems the only coveted thing with a suite. As i comfort, affordability, and some sort of view so i dont feel suffocated. btw, the interior rooms start at 599 per person for when we plan to go. thanks!!

The portholes are not very big, so not sure if that will be enough to help you. And not sure about the Breeze, but in many ships the porthole cabins are all the way in front, so you will probably get more movement...probably better to try to be midship. If the oceanview cabin was ok for you, why not get one of those? I have to have a balcony ccabin, but that is just me. People seem to really love the coves if you want to spend the extra money. Just try to be more midship for less movement and also check to see what's above and below you (on the deck plans) before choosing...you don't want to end up under a place that may be noisy;)

The port holes are like looking thru binoculars.. but since they are now priced like a 4A.. such a huge bargain.. I book them, as Im into the best value for my money.

If you are prone to getting seasick .. they are all forward and more motion.

Portholes used to be 5As and priced above insides.. so right now they are a huge bargain to me.. as they used to cost more.

So no the view is not that great .. but you wouldnt expect it to be, or they could sell them like OVs right?

Archived