Review of Coral Princess 4/17/05

loralei

About the Bahia Mar - If you're in an ocean-view than you're probably in the tower and I would guess that's pretty nice. We were in the older part of the hotel and it was fine, but nothing special. However, the location can't be beat and you'll love it in any guess.

I can't tell you if you'll like it more than the Grand. Our first cruise (the one we met on) was the Grand, so I love it for that. But I really can't decide which I like more. I like the position of the Horizon better on the Coral (all the way forward). But the pool areas are prettier on the Grand. You'll just have to go and decide for yourself.

I asked our cabin steward to keep us stocked with 2 pool towels per person (4 towels) all the time. That made it much easier if we wanted to swim twice in one day. And no they don't have towels by the pool.

Loved your review. We will be on the Coral Princess on March 14, 2006.

Could you write more about the mini-suite. We will be in D503.

We had a full suite on the Sun Princess this past March but decided that we did not need all that room along with the additional cost.

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie -

I think the mini-suites are just the perfect size. We actually got to see one of the full-suites and it is about twice the size of a mini. As you come in the bathroom is on the right side. It has a long counter along with the sink, 3 little shelves up on the right and space under the counter for random stuff.

The tub is on the oppisite side and it's a pretty big step up into it. It uses a shower curtain. The only issue with that is sometimes the air pressure pushes the curtain into you, but it wasn't a real problem. It's not a HUGE bathtub, but I thought it was reasonably sized. Certainly big enough for a bath. Next to the bathroom is a pretty big closet with a shelf above it for hanging things and a closet with shelves for stacking things. The life vests and safe are in that closet. Then you come around the corner to the bedroom. It has a TV, the bed (or beds), and bedside tables.

Next is a desk that together with the tv counter separates the two halves of the room.

In the next area is a couch, low table, and chair, and another tv. This is a great space as it has plenty of room for setting stuff on and leaving it there.

Also, below the second TV is a decent sized shelf. We brought a power strip with us and plugged in behind the TV so we could use that shelf for charging cameras, etc. It worked very well.

Last but not least, the deck. D503 is in the same place as D504 just on the opposite side, so it's partially covered as well. It's just below the bumpout above it, so you actually have a fair amount of privacy unless you stick your head out. It makes it nice as the deck doesn't get as wet during cleaning as the Dolphin cabins on the Caribbean princess did.

You'll have a wonderful cruise and no you don't really need any more space.

Thanks for the great review! It brought back memories of my cruise on the Coral last November---loved the ship and the Panama Canal itinerary! And we will be on the Coral on the 28th [less than 2 weeks now!] in Alaska!

Do you recall any of the entertainers on the ship? There was an excellent singer last November who performed in the Princess Theater---jazz and classics---I think her first name was Karen.

loralei,

Thanks for the awesome review, it was very well done. If I were to write one it would say just about the same thing.

The ship is near perfect, isn't it? Can't wait to sail her later this year to Alaska.

For anyone looking for pictures of this cruise I have some on my website. Just follow the link and look for "Coral Princess".

If I were to write a review of our Coral experience this past February, it would sound the same way. Thank you for sharing. I do wish that Princess would build more ships of this size!

Here, here…my impressions of Coral’s sister Island Princess mirror what’s been said here. I don’t know if it’s the space, the layout and design or what – but the crew seems happier, which makes the passengers happier, and the ship is brilliant. These ships put the Grand Class to shame.

Thanks so much for the great review and pictures! We will be in D504 on the 10/5/05 sailing, and can't wait for the time to pass! We will be visiting Ocho Rios instead of Belize, but I have never been to Jamaica and am looking forward to seeing the Falls.

Can you tell me whether and how often the Coral offered Bingo? My fiance teases me about it, but I loving playing Bingo on cruises.

Also, does the Spa offer any daily specials that are advertised in the Patters? If so, can you give examples of what those specials are?

Thanks in advance!

Carla

Loralei,

Great pics of Coral. Good grief if everyone starts getting good at this we should start an encyclopedia for all ships...now that would be an interesting undertaking and probably provide someone with the task of "threadmaster".

Ciao for now!!!

You're very welcome everyone.

If you give me a couple of more days, I should have menus and patters up as well.

Yes, there was Bingo, but I couldn't tell you how much. Seemed like quite a bit. And there were several spa specials. You can look at the patters when I get them posted.

Have fun.

Thanks for the great review. I love the Coral!

I did want to mention one thing: You stated that the Coral is a perfect size (which I do agree with) but you also mention that walking from the bow to the aft is not an ordeal (I paraphrase). I also agree with that, but it implies that the Coral may be shorter in length than say, the Grand, Golden or Star. Actually, the Coral is a little bit longer than those...just not as wide.

Archived