Miami Seaquarium Excursion

Lauren's_Dad

Hello - we will be on the Imagination in late October. We have a 3:15pm flight on the afternoon we return to Miami. I would like to take my wife and 8-year-old daughter on the post-cruise excursion to the Miami Seaquarium, but it notes on the website that you shouldn't book this cruise if you have a flight before 3:30pm.

Has anyone taken this excursion in the past, and if so, when did they have you back at the airport? It lists the time of the excursion as 8am to noon, so even if traffic was horrendous (which I've heard can happen in Miami occasionally), I would think you would be back at the airport by 1:30pm, which should give us plenty of time to make a 3:15pm flight (as we are not checking luggage and will print off our boarding passes on the ship).

I'm guessing that Carnival is simply being ultra-conservative with their cutoff time, but am hoping for someone that has taken the tour (or perhaps a similar post-cruise excursion) to confirm this assumption.

Thanks,

Jason

What if they can't get everyone on the bus in time at 12 noon? What if people are late getting on the bus from the port? People tend to go missing on these tours. I am sure that's why Carnival has the 3:30PM departure rule. They should know.

Definitely understand the risks miamiyoga. Hoping to get some info on the normal return time to the airport to determine just how much risk is involved. I'm guessing that going right to security when we are dropped off (as opposed to checking in at the airport and checking luggage) will make up for the 15 minute difference between our flight and the cutoff time. But it's always nice to get reassurance from someone who has "been there and done that".

Thanks for your response and thanks to Keith as well, I will try the Carnival Cruise Board if I am unable to get an answer here.

Jason

Archived