Mobility Scooter Question

Smith4tx

We are doing a Carnival TA that ends in Venice. My mother in law wants to go but uses a mobility scooter to get around. She has been on several cruises and know that this will work on the ship.

My question is what about when we leave in Venice. We need to get to the airport or train station. Is it possible to get from the port to either with the scooter?

Any info or actual experience would really help. She wants to accompany us on this trip but if the scooter is out of the question she will probably have to stay home.

We are doing a Carnival TA that ends in Venice. My mother in law wants to go but uses a mobility scooter to get around. She has been on several cruises and know that this will work on the ship.

My question is what about when we leave in Venice. We need to get to the airport or train station. Is it possible to get from the port to either with the scooter?

Any info or actual experience would really help. She wants to accompany us on this trip but if the scooter is out of the question she will probably have to stay home.

Your best bet would be to simply take a taxi (regular land taxi) directly from the port to the airport. Getting to the Venice train station would be very difficult with a scooter since it would involve using the People Mover and a vaporetto. I am not even sure if the train station is "scooter or wheelchair friendly."

Hank

Agree with the above. The port is accessible by road, so you can go out to the airport or Mestre train station. For the rest of Venice and the Venice (S.L) railway station, you'd need to get over high pedestrian only bridges (or sea/canal), so it wouldn't be practical.

Is the end of your cruise at Marittima? (there is one more port with a different name) If yes, you just get off the ship on the pier, from there a taxi to the airport. Should not be a problem with a scooter. We took a shuttle, but we saw taxis at the port.

From Marittima to the airport it's all land, over a bridge, with taxis, buses, trucks, just like any road.

Sorry don't remember if you can take a taxi to the train station or not.

Archived