VRC-China Which Airline

katz

When we were looking at this in 2010 for 2011, Viking told me that United was one of the carriers they used from Dulles. Best way to find out for sure what they are doing now/or when you'll be going -- call them. Ask to speak to their Air Dept with this simple question. I found all the folks with whom I talked at Viking to be very helpful.

(We wound up booking our own air with FF miles on United.)

Thanks, Turtle. We are supposed to have a conference call with our TA to set up our air arrangements. I have been looking at United and their partners. I am wondering how much say we have in picking the flights. I will give them a call today.

Thanks, also, for all your posts about this cruise. I have enjoyed reading them and have gotten so much information from you.

Kathy

Thanks, Turtle. We are supposed to have a conference call with our TA to set up our air arrangements. I have been looking at United and their partners. I am wondering how much say we have in picking the flights. I will give them a call today.

Thanks, also, for all your posts about this cruise. I have enjoyed reading them and have gotten so much information from you.

Kathy

Thanks Kathy, that is very kind of you to say. I have gotten so much out of Cruise Critic, I think it's important to "give back." I can't imagine how I would travel now without these incredible internet resources! :)

BTW, when we flew in 2011, United had a nonstop between Dulles and Beijing, but going to or from Shanghai required a change of planes in either Chicago or San Fran. I hope you are able to get a nonstop in at least one direction (preferably going to China); it made a big difference.

I talked to VRC air department. They say that I have to go through my travel agent to get information about the flights. So, I will make a list of the flights I would like to have and hope that one of them is on their list.

I have to wait until 40 days to make seat upgrades, or 90 days, at an extra charge (what a surprise!). Not happy about that since I feel that I have already paid in full and should be able to make those arrangements when the reservation is made.

I wanted to ask about the food, both on and off the ship. Did you feel that it was "safe"?

I am always very careful about food safety when we travel. I was wondering if you had any issues.

I am a huge Cruise Critic fan. I always sign up on the roll calls and we have always had instant friends once we get on the ships. We were on Oceania's Riviera last month and had a great time touring with people we had met here.

My email address is: kathyapo@aol.com, if you would want to respond directly to me about the food questions.

Thanks again,

Kathy

Archived