door decorations?

I always decorate our door. Every roll call that I have been on, we have a door decorating contest. The winner get's a free cocktail:D.

I usually cut out pictures of things we will either be seeing, doing or consuming.:D

Decorating can be a blast. I once helped a nurse friend of mine make a poster with a shot glass. The statemnet read..nurses give good shots.

Angela

I have been on a few Carnival cruises and have always decorated my cabin door--just because it's fun, and I enjoy it...on the Carnival board there is always a lot of "debate" over whether it is tacky or inappropriate to decorate your cabin door...I will be sailing on RCI for the first time in November...how do RCI cruisers feel about cabin door decorating?

my wife brought a magnetic jackie o. with clothing changes purse etc. i thought this was the silliest idea ever, 17 day hawaii-aus. all the cabin stewards on the floor always knew where we were (by her outfit). then 1 nite she was kidnapped and they left a ransom note. never knew so much fun could be had with a magnetic jackie o. she was returned after a ransom of 4 totsie roll pops was paid :). she was later nabbed again by some radiance rascals and is on a world tour with them. man is that jackie o spoiled

Few people decorate doors on Royal Caribbean, but it's not seen as a negative thing. We always do it, and people have made comments like, "I love seeing your decorations -- they help me find my cabin because I know I'm two doors down."

Some doors aren't smooth metal (i.e., some have a wormtail groove decoration), so I suggest taking some of that Sticky-Tac (chewing gum type stuff) that teachers use to put posters on concrete blocks. You don't need to take a whole pack -- just a bit will be plenty, and that stuff never moves. Of course, I am a teacher, so I have plenty of it around.

We have always enjoyed seeing the creativity of others who had decorated their doors, but never done ours. On our last cruise our cabin was being used on the cabin crawl and someone had made decorations for all the cabins participating. It was fun having our door decorated and made it oh so easy to pick out our door in the long hallway. Now I am thinking of taking up the decorating challenge for our future cruises.

What are window markers?

Window Markers are similar to dry eraser markers but they are designed to be used on Glass (or other surfaces like cabin doors). It can be washed off. You can find them at places like craft or toy stores. Crayola makes some that have "crystal" effects. I haven't tried those but the florescent and primary colors work great. Easy clean up with water and a paper towel.

Something else I've used is the battery operated LCD lights.

I went to Party City & picked up glittery flip flops and flowers and taped them to the door. They remained up the entire time. The littke girl next door absolutely loved them.And it helped us find our cabin easily. Last year we put up red, white and blue glittery stars for July 4th.

Archived