door decorations?

I have been on a few Carnival cruises and have always decorated my cabin door--just because it's fun, and I enjoy it...on the Carnival board there is always a lot of "debate" over whether it is tacky or inappropriate to decorate your cabin door...I will be sailing on RCI for the first time in November...how do RCI cruisers feel about cabin door decorating?

Sure makes finding your cabin easier...especially in those long hallways.

I love too see the creativity displayed on people's doors. First cruise was near Christmas the second was Halloween, so those were real fun to see. I personally LOVE them!

Feel free to decorate! The doors are metal, just so you know - magnets from the dollar store work well and do not leave any residue that your cabin steward may be silently cursing you for (ha, just kidding!). Also, be prepared to "lose" whatever you put out - door decorations have been known to find different "homes".... just a friendly warning to not put out anything you aren't prepared to lose. ;)

Have fun!

We were on the Voyager Dec. Of 2011 and decorated our door. It does make it easier to find your cabin. There were several on oue deck that had decorated. This was the first time that we had decorated, but will probably do so again on the Mariner, Feb. 2013.

We always decorate our door and love doing it, whether or not it looks tacky.

We also have been told by other passengers that they use our door as sort of a "road map" to either find their cabin or to realize that they are walking down the wrong side.

Thanks, everybody! I am happy to see that door decorating on RCI is not frowned upon :) I can now start planning how I will decorate this time around...hmmm....here is a photo of our door from our cruise in May on the Carnival Conquest

536743114_ConquestBahamasCruise2012003.jpg.74a7d9d7b2aeee197e9785a4ab82a86f.jpg

We decorate the door! I've done magnets, but I've also used drafting/painter's tape to attach wrapping paper to the door, then just glued onto the wrapping paper. I don't recommend putting anything that looks fun to take out, though... we've had our Christmas jingle bells stolen from our door on both Royal Caribbean and Carnival cruises... some people have no Christmas spirit!

I always decorate our door with our Roll Call and CC Signs and for our TA, several of us made up signs for others who didn't have a printer or were not artistically inclined. Besides ours, I made up 6 additional signs, a CC Sign and RC sign for each. I did their CC signs with the same background off my Scrapbooking program but used a differant accent based upon where they lived. Since I had their Cabin #'s two couples I placed theirs on their door since I didn't know when I would see them, since they weren't at our pre cruise hotel. It is fun & helps DH find our room.

We always decorate our door too! I usually buy cut-out type decorations from Party City, and affix a magnet to the back. (I bought a large roll of magnetic tape from Michael's craft story for a couple of dollars).

I have been on a few Carnival cruises and have always decorated my cabin door--just because it's fun, and I enjoy it...on the Carnival board there is always a lot of "debate" over whether it is tacky or inappropriate to decorate your cabin door...I will be sailing on RCI for the first time in November...how do RCI cruisers feel about cabin door decorating?

Tacky and inappropriate for who?

IMHO, worrying about what other people think of you for something like this is not worth it.

Have fun, decorate. You are on vacation.

If other people are so shallow to think badly of you that you are trying to have fun on your vacation in a manner that does not effect them what so ever, well.... You are probaly never going to see them again in your life.

We do it.:D Decorating that is.....we have a string of pink flamengo lights we put up above the sliding door and we occasionally put magnetized stuff on the door. For Xmas, I wrapped the door in silver paper and put snowmen on them last year. BTW, the steward got a big kick out of it. Tape and all. Some cruises, don't feel like it, but on special occasions do.

I really liked one door that had magnetized flip flops, one for each person with their name on it. No one took these as there was not a pair and with the names who would want it. I liked them. Thinking of doing that for our family cruise Thanksgiving.

I love to decorate the doors. We have always done this. We have been on Halloween cruises, Birthday cruises and Anniversary cruises and always have put something up on the doors. People like them, it makes finding the room easier and people have even stopped, if they saw you coming out the door to wish you well. Just a great way to get into the vacation mode.

Decorations on doors can be fun to look at.

We decorated ours on a World Cruise..and changed decorations for each country we visited. That was on Holland, but we've seen lots of door decorations on RCI.

I wouldn't put anything on a door that is expensive or something that has sentimental value. We have heard of door decorations being stolen.:(

We've always done a little something - usually a Spongebob type thing - something simple so we can find our room. (air freshiner; laminated stickers) we just hang it from our room cabin number.

But yes - be prepared to loose what you put on your door - we usually do by the end of the crusie. :mad:

Go - have fun;)

We decorate the door! I've done magnets, but I've also used drafting/painter's tape to attach wrapping paper to the door, then just glued onto the wrapping paper. I don't recommend putting anything that looks fun to take out, though... we've had our Christmas jingle bells stolen from our door on both Royal Caribbean and Carnival cruises... some people have no Christmas spirit!

haha when I saw this thread, I instantly thought of you and your review where your dad had to fully dress before chasing down the bandits!

We decorate every cruise. Sometimes more than others. Tacky is in the mind of whoever thinks it is tacky. Have to have a Cruise Critic sign on the door plus a Meet and Mingle note. We also put a wind sock out on the balcony for when we are in port. Next cruise we are on the starboard side so don't know how much we will use it in port.

Decorate and enjoy. We have even lost the magnets off our door but we always carry a few spares.

Archived