Fascination out of Jacksonville

Sheran

We just got back from our cruise on the Fascination out of Jacksonville Monday, July 16th. The cruise was awesome!!!

My adult daughters have never been on a cruise before and they just loved it.

My only complaint was the embarkation process.

We got there about 12:30 and it was at least 2:30 or 3:00 before we boarded the ship. The lines for the security check and the lines for checking in were sooooo long and having to stand all that time just made for a bad 1st day. Our backs was killing us and our feet were tired.

But, after that all went very well.

We did have to hurry back Sunday evening late because 2 passengers needed medical attention. Not sure what was wrong. If anyone knows I am curious.

Thanks again Carnival for a great time!!!

Glad you had a great time!

We find that if we arrive around 10:30, embarkation in most ports is a breeze. If we can't get there then, we usually wait until after 2pm. Unfortunately, you went at prime time, lol!

We just got back from our cruise on the Fascination out of Jacksonville Monday, July 16th. The cruise was awesome!!!

My adult daughters have never been on a cruise before and they just loved it.

My only complaint was the embarkation process.

We got there about 12:30 and it was at least 2:30 or 3:00 before we boarded the ship. The lines for the security check and the lines for checking in were sooooo long and having to stand all that time just made for a bad 1st day. Our backs was killing us and our feet were tired.

But, after that all went very well.

We did have to hurry back Sunday evening late because 2 passengers needed medical attention. Not sure what was wrong. If anyone knows I am curious.

Thanks again Carnival for a great time!!!

Ive never cruised out of Jacksonville. How far is the airport from the port?

I guess we really did arrive at prime time.....

But that is when the hotel shuttle was able to take us.

All of the earlier shuttles were full.

The airport is about a 15 minute ride from the the cruise port.

Three of us took a taxi from the cruise terminal to the airport

and it cost $33.90 plus I gave a tip. I don't think that was to

bad, considering Carnival was going to charge a $15 per person.

Thanks Sheran,

gives me a heads up for another optional port. Helps with planning flights & costs in and out when you know travel distance first hand from people that have done it.

Hello,

We are sailing on the Fascination in November. We plan to arrive at the port at 10:30.

Quick question, where was your cabin? We have an aft balcony on deck 7, and is right under the MDR. Were you under anything in your cabin?

Glad you enjoyed the cruise, some of the reviews of the Fascination are so mixed!

We have cruised out of Jacksonville several times and I know what you are talking about. It seems like it takes longer to get through the line at Jacksonville than any other port I have cruised out of. Looking forwrd to being VIP so we don't have to wait as long to board the ship. Love Fascination but not the embarkation process at this port.

LAST cruise we did not get on ship until 5:30 out of Jacksonville, Long afternoon, sitting in parking lot, cause they told us to come to terminal at 2.

Ship could not get under bridge a nd I have read that several times on this site. Water level was to high that morning.

:mad:

Sailed on Fascination twice, and have had no issues with Port. Stayed at BW Airport both times and used their shuttle. We got there around 10:45 in May, and they unlocked gates at 11am. Something about getting all passengers off.

As we are Platinum, we were 1st in line to get on ship. WooHoo. Had to wait for a wedding party to board, then DW and I led the charge.

Sorry for your delay. Which hotel is everyone having problems with? We have book with Holiday Inn. Should we call ahead?

Hello,

Quick question, where was your cabin? We have an aft balcony on deck 7, and is right under the MDR. Were you under anything in your cabin?

On the Fantisy ships, I never book any deck except 6. That way I have a deck below to block engine noises, and above to block band, theather, MDR noises and try to stay AFT. :rolleyes:

There are often issues with high tides and getting under the bridge, so they sometimes have difficulties returning to port. Late arrival means late embarkation for the new pax.

Check the Florida Departures board for hotel and parking info. I stayed at the Hyatt Place last time and used a nearby parking lot.

I normally stay on Riveria or Main on Fantasy class ships, midship.

Have enjoyed my two cruises on Fascination out of Jax.

Hey, Ya'll; I have sailed out of Jax. 5 times and have never had any problems with the bridge or the lines! We live two hours away and we always get there by 11am. The longest we've ever had to wait is twenty min. The port is several miles up the St. Johns river so it takes an extraordinary event to raise the tides high enough to delay sailing. It does happen, but usually is the fault of storms in the area. Mikey<><

We stayed at La Quinta in JAX and got to the terminal at, say 11 - got right on the ship - fastest ever - we were drinking on the Lido for hours watching folks in line - we are going to arrive by 10:30 for our cruise in August out of Canaveral LOVED the extra time.......oh yeah, blame the alcohol smugglers!

Archived